• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Graphic Normal/Flying Porygon & Ground type Munchlax

This thread's author wants feedback on a sprite or other graphical art. Be constructive.

Neeka

Cooltrainer
I made Porygon, as one of the starters in my game, a normal/flying type. Tried making a little change to make the appendages look a little more like wings. I don't think I did a too awful job, but I want others' opinions. How can I improve it?

Attachments

• PORYGON.png
    PORYGON.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 128
  • MUNCHLAX.png
    MUNCHLAX.png
    726 bytes · Views: 105
Upvote 0

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
I made Porygon, as one of the starters in my game, a normal/flying type. Tried making a little change to make the appendages look a little more like wings. I don't think I did a too awful job, but I want others' opinions. How can I improve it?
Change the color palette!

Neeka

Cooltrainer
Change the color palette!
Why? It's retaining the normal typing it originally had. I just readjusted the arm so it's now a wing to signify the added typing, but it's still basically the same, hence the same color pallet. I may change the color pallet if you give me a sound reason.

Now, another starter, Munchlax, which I am making ground will be recolored like such v

Attachments

• MUNCHLAX.png
    MUNCHLAX.png
    726 bytes · Views: 78
Last edited:

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Why? It's retaining the normal typing it originally had. I just readjusted the arm so it's now a wing to signify the added typing, but it's still basically the same, hence the same color pallet. I may change the color pallet if you give me a sound reason.

Now, another starter, Munchlax, which I am making ground will be recolored like such v
I have bad eyesight so Porygon looks almost the same to me. Although this is the icon sprite, which doesn't have a large canvas size. My guess is the issue won't really be present in the front sprite since that one is at a large enough resolution that the changes should be apparent even to me.

Neeka

Cooltrainer
I have bad eyesight so Porygon looks almost the same to me. Although this is the icon sprite, which doesn't have a large canvas size. My guess is the issue won't really be present in the front sprite since that one is at a large enough resolution that the changes should be apparent even to me.
Ah... well I guess it's sort of a small change. I just took the "arm", rotated it, and placed it so that it's toward the top of the body so it looks like a wing. I also got rid of the small part of the arm that showed from behind the body, with the implication that the other wing is on the other side. How do you like the ground type Munchlax?

Back