• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Graphic recolored sprites to use as NPC's

This thread's author wants feedback on a sprite or other graphical art. Be constructive.

Neeka

Cooltrainer
The female is the first gym leader, and the PC's older sister. The boy is one of the rivals to the PC, and is a snobby jerk, especially to the PC's best friend who is dirt poor.

Attachments

• COOLTRAINER_F_Jeanie.png
    COOLTRAINER_F_Jeanie.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Kyle_Rich_Boy.png
    Kyle_Rich_Boy.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0

Neeka

Cooltrainer
The rival one looks Bad really bad. it has resulation problems. It will look very big in the game + did you choose nearest nighbour when rescaling the sprite?
not sure what you mean by nearest neighbour. I just hit rescale.

The rival one looks Bad really bad. it has resulation problems. It will look very big in the game + did you choose nearest nighbour when rescaling the sprite?
Is this any better?

Attachments

• Kyle.png
    Kyle.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 106

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Unfortunately, not really. Both sprites have interesting pixel density issues.
On the question of using official sprites as NPCs, I think it's fine for regular trainers and unimportant NPCs, but I feel that major characters, particularly the player, should be unique. Unless your game is something like "Red and Blue go on an adventure", of course.

Neeka

Cooltrainer
Unfortunately, not really. Both sprites have interesting pixel density issues.
On the question of using official sprites as NPCs, I think it's fine for regular trainers and unimportant NPCs, but I feel that major characters, particularly the player, should be unique. Unless your game is something like "Red and Blue go on an adventure", of course.
I think the problem is that I started out with a sprite that already didn't have the best pixel density. I just can't seem to get a good quality rich boy sprite from black and white. I guess I'll try the bd one, since the suit is similar, and can find a fairly good sprite of them.

The rich boy is going to be one of three rivals, not a playable character, and the cool trainer is the first gym leader.

Neeka

Cooltrainer
Okay, I downloaded a different sprite and recolored. I think it looks better than my last one. I know I'll have to make it smaller for the battle sprite, but this is the size of image that I downloaded.

EDIT: Just resized him.

Attachments

• kindpng_kyle.png
    kindpng_kyle.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 108
  • kindpng_kyle3.png
    kindpng_kyle3.png
    9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Astefia

Cooltrainer
It's still fuzzy. You really should find different resizing options in your graphics program. If it doesn't, I recommend GIMP - it's free and I do all my edits there.

Back