• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Shimmer Team Recruitment

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LcorpOfficial

Rookie
Hello! I'm LcorpOfficial and the Developer for Pokémon Shimmer Edition. This project is still in the early stages regarding plot and gameplay, but I'm looking for some help in some key aspects for the foundational portion of the game's development cycle so I can start really turning the gears on building the game proper. My game will focus on polish and quality at the code and design level before the story and world is built.

*Items marked with (!) are high priority and experience in that field is recommended.

• Project Title: Pokémon Shimmer

• Looking to recruit:
    • Spriters for:
      • Humans: OW, Battle, Vs Transitions
      • Pokémon: Front, Back, OW (Followers EX) Party Icons (!)
      • Some UI Elements (ability to use scripting to position UI elements is a bonus!)
      • Battlebacks (!)
    • Mapping:
      • Tileset metadata coordinator (terrain tags, collision, etc. we have a tileset to use, it just needs properly set up) (!)
      • ^ Once this is sorted, the small amount of existing maps (5 or so) need redone with the new tileset
    • Audio/BGM
      • Composer would be nice, but not heavily needed as I can do BGM compositions
    • Scripting
      • A Quality Scripter that can develop plugins to be used in the game, a few examples in this category would include a custom battle type (scene and mechanics), script-based UI element work (scenes and the like), and other small tweaks to existing plugins either for functionality or error-correcting reasons.
      • Script maintainer: could be part of the above position honestly, but someone to make sure plugins are behaving as they should, and can maintain keeping them up-to-date and working together correctly.

• Team Name/Team Members:
    • LcorpOfficial
    • Timo8474
  • Kit used:
    • Pokémon Essentials 20.1
    • GitHub (for repo Source Control and collaboration)
    • Notion (Planning, Story, dev tracking)
    • Discord (daily discussion, development hangouts)
adminball.png
POKEMONTRAINER_Red.png
ELITEFOUR_Chara.png

• Project Description: Pokémon Shimmer - a passion project of mine and a fan game that aims to take the Pokémon fangame and really run with it. Our goal is to create a thoughtfully designed game that is both entertaining and thought-provoking. Our team is currently seeking talented individuals to join us in bringing this ambitious project to life. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about game development and are dedicated to creating a standout game that resonates with the fangame community at large. If you have a keen eye for detail, a strong work ethic, and a desire to be part of an exciting project, then we would love to hear from you. Join us in creating an unforgettable gaming experience with Pokémon Shimmer - a game that is sure to captivate fans and newcomers alike. 😁
SHEDINJA_1.png
ROTOM_7.png

• Plot outline: Shimmer is a modern take on nostalgia, with a unique and captivating story that explores themes such as technology in the modern age, multiversal travel, and corruption via power. The game is set in a currently unnamed region, loosely based on the USA Midwest, and features the legendary Pokémon Destinox - a creature with the power to alter reality.

• Unique features (Functionally existing as of now):
    • Many QOL improvements with the player experience in mind.
    • Game Launcher which handles automatic updating, installing, and uninstalling for end users.
    • Heavily reworked Multiplayer code based on Cable Club, working in tandem with Terastal Phenomenon, ZUD, and some QOL fixes/additions added.
    • Reworked battle scene, and general game UI (WIP but in a good spot so far, might be dropped for EBDX when it comes to 20.1 but it depends)
    • "Multiversal Battles" system that makes use of shareable team files that can be imported from showdown (URL support coming soon), exported, and battled directly. This would likely also be able to produce a tournament system in the future perhaps for postgame fun, and allowing players to pit their teams against some of the most insane competitive teams they can find or build! There is also possibly the ability to share their saved teams via the Multiplayer menu in-game planned.
    • "Boss Battles" battle type, similar to how GMAX raids and the like are done, where during the story there will be unique battles where the player has a 2v1 format battle against a very powerful foe with a unique battle scene and mechanics! This is still in the conceptual phase but needs a Scripter behind the wheel that knows Ruby pretty well.

Progress/Screenshots:
leagueposter.png

1680152803795.png

1680153058878.png

• Additional Information:
    • Backstory: Who am I?
      • I am LcorpOfficial, and I run the game development community Lcorp City Games. We are primarily a Minecraft community and the LCC MC server has been around for about 12 years now. I have always been a pretty big fan of Pokémon games, lore, etc, and have wanted to take on making my own fangame for a long time now. I finally feel like I'm relatively qualified to start with the experience I have now and want to bring an idea I've had for a long time to life. I have found a lot of inspiration and joy in modding games, and playing the mainline series, but especially fangames like Infinity, Unbound, and PokéMMO (not RMXP but relevant).

If you read all this, thank you so much for your time. If you see something you do well and want to join up with me to make something cool, let me know!

Attachments

• DESTINOX.png
    DESTINOX.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back