• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Tutor.net

Resource Tutor.net 1.2.3

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE submitted a new resource:

Tutor.net - Move Tutors discover technology! Saves Tutor Moves and their costs in a PokeGear app.

Ever felt like you didn't like how the games handle move tutors? Especially when your game is big and players don't even remember in what corner of the world was that Drain Punch tutor and even if they do, they have to backtrack?
Or the fact that unlike modern TMs, you gotta pay for tutor moves every single time?
Fear not, for the Move Tutor Guild decided to get out of the 90s and embrace the age of the internet, with their new PokeGear app, the Tutor.net!

Read more about this resource...

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
This looks amazing.
One suggestion / idea: (I can't download it to see it right now) I assume that when paying, it checks and removes the items from the bag, could it be modified to check and remove them from the PC (item storage) instead? I feel like that would make a bit more sense.
Also, the way I was planning to set up the move tutors in my game was to have the tutors that are free, only be allowed to be used once per day. It's easy to implement in events, but I'm not sure within a script.

DemICE

QoL junkie
This looks amazing.
One suggestion / idea: (I can't download it to see it right now) I assume that when paying, it checks and removes the items from the bag, could it be modified to check and remove them from the PC (item storage) instead? I feel like that would make a bit more sense.
Also, the way I was planning to set up the move tutors in my game was to have the tutors that are free, only be allowed to be used once per day. It's easy to implement in events, but I'm not sure within a script.

i believe you could search in the Tutor.net.rb for
if $bag.quantity(currency)>=cost
and
$bag.remove(currency,cost)
and replace them with the equivalents for checking for bag and it should work.

about the second request i'll be real, i've never bothered with the day/night stuff to know how to work with it in the code because players, including me, always just change their PC clock to bypass these things anyway.

Phantom

Rookie
Hi bro I recently installed your plugin and everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to create a new save or enter a battle with a trainer, I believe the problem is not the plugin itself but maybe some incompatibility or conflict with another plugin I'm using here this is the print of the log screens and the plugins I'm using. (thanks for your excellent plugin)

DemICE

QoL junkie
Hi bro I recently installed your plugin and everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to create a new save or enter a battle with a trainer, I believe the problem is not the plugin itself but maybe some incompatibility or conflict with another plugin I'm using here this is the print of the log screens and the plugins I'm using. (thanks for your excellent plugin)

hello, thanks for your kind words despite the issue! these images dont work though :( can you reupload these images or @ demice in relic castle discord or make a help thread there and @ me since it will be easier to figure this out with live chat

Snolid Ice

Novice
oh my god this is is exactly my vision on how i wanted to do tutor moves in my fan game thank yo u so much

Snolid Ice

Novice
oh yeah quick question is there a way i could mkae a gym leader give you like a group of moves in tutor.net

DemICE

QoL junkie
oh yeah quick question is there a way i could mkae a gym leader give you like a group of moves in tutor.net
1683785140790.png

was this explanation lacking in some regard, because adding tutor moves to tutor.net via events is like, one of the main functions of this plugin

Snolid Ice

Novice
also i uh have a suggestion maybe if you press the special button u could search for a move that could be cool for games with a bunch of tutors

Snolid Ice

Novice
ig that makes sense, another idea is that in tutor.net it shows u bp, accuracy and move description on the right

DemICE

QoL junkie
ig that makes sense, another idea is that in tutor.net it shows u bp, accuracy and move description on the right
thats a valid idea but i actually have future plans to try devote that free space to showing the party and if the move is compatible with each of them without needing to try to teach it

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE updated Tutor.net with a new update entry:

Tutor.net v1.1 is here! A big update with a lot of QoL!

v1.1 Changelog
*******************************************************************************************************
The UI has been changed (improved?) slightly (images below).
*******************************************************************************************************
After getting inspired by v20.1 - Bag Screen with interactable Party , Tutor.net now has the player's party displayed on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Another wonderful plugin! Would it be possible to change the font color without changing the game window frames?

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE updated Tutor.net with a new update entry:

Tutor.net v1.2 is here with the new optional feature: TM to Tutor conversion.

Essentials handles both TM moves and Tutor moves the same way, in regards to pokemon compatibility.
This made me realise when I had to deal with teaching moves to my pokemon it was more comfortable doing it via Tutor.net, especially with the latest QoL added to it, instead of going through the TM pocket and having to remember which TM number is what move because they are sorted by number and every generation keeps changing them so I lose track of them.

So I took the next step and moved TM...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DemICE

QoL junkie
Back