• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
All Abilities Mutation

Resource All Abilities Mutation 1.3.3

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE submitted a new resource:

All Abilities Mutation - Enables a Pokemon to have all its Abilities active in battle. Can be Pokemon-specific or universal.

Description:
This Plugin tries to add an extra spice to your fangame needs by giving you the ability to enable certain Pokemon (or all Pokemon in the game, if you want to go chaos mode) to have all their abilities active during battle.
I name it a Mutation, but depending on your game's needs it could be anything you want really.
You can make existing Player's Pokemon mutated, or give him new mutated ones.
You can give to opposing trainers mutated Pokemon...

Read more about this resource...

A¹¹

Novice
1678622945102.png

DemICE

QoL junkie
All Abilities Mutation has now updated to v1.1.
Additions:
AAM AI.rb : Adding the ally as an argument to ability triggers that involve allies. This fixes some AI related errors
Fixes:
AAM Move.rb : Added the ally as an argument to ability triggers that involve allies in the pbCalcAccuracyModifiers which fixes potential errors.

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE updated All Abilities Mutation with a new update entry:

v1.3 Update for All Abilities Mutation

v1.3:
  • Every time a pokemon has their ability changed, this ability is moved to the front of the ability array.
  • Mega abilities now count as a mutated pokemon's main ability and are moved to the front of the ability array.
  • Wandering spirit will have its place in the ability array replaced with the swapped ability.
  • Fixed a lot of ability interactions that were not working properly with the mutation system
  • Fixed a lot of ability splash name showings that were...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Hi, I am a solo developer and was wondering Ability Splash effects? Is there a way to test this in debug mode?

DemICE

QoL junkie
Hi, I am a solo developer and was wondering Ability Splash effects? Is there a way to test this in debug mode?
I don't understand the question. Does your game not have ability splash effects activated? They were enabled by default in the base essentials I downloaded to test these on. And they should work regardless on if you are on debug mode or not.

Jangajinx

I don't understand the question. Does your game not have ability splash effects activated? They were enabled by default in the base essentials I downloaded to test these on. And they should work regardless on if you are on debug mode or not.
I was wondering what was ability splash and if there is a way to set a Pokémon as mutated through the debug menu for testing on my end.

DemICE

QoL junkie
I was wondering what was ability splash and if there is a way to set a Pokémon as mutated through the debug menu for testing on my end.
the ability splash is this thing that pops up when an ability activates
1682402520133.png

there is no debug option but i gave an example of an item that toggles mutation on/off from a pokemon. you can make an item that does that. or you can give this effect to some item noone cares about like old gateau

Jangajinx

the ability splash is this thing that pops up when an ability activates
View attachment 17457

there is no debug option but i gave an example of an item that toggles mutation on/off from a pokemon. you can make an item that does that. or you can give this effect to some item noone cares about like old gateau
I see. Thank you for clearing it for me. Also have a bug to report when encountering safari pokemon.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `hasAbilityMutation?' for #<Battle::FakeBattler>

Backtrace:
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Icon.rb:13:in `draw_shiny_icon'
[ZUD Mechanics] Scene_PokemonDataBox.rb:92:in `draw_shiny_icon'
Battle_Scene_Objects:286:in `refresh'
[All Abilities Mutation] AAM Icon.rb:7:in `refresh'
[Essentials Deluxe] Databoxes.rb:76:in `refresh'
Battle_Scene_Objects:38:in `initialize'
[Focus Meter System] [008] Battle_Scene.rb:181:in `initialize'
Scene_Initialize:80:in `new'
Scene_Initialize:80:in `block in pbInitSprites'
Scene_Initialize:78:in `each'

How this can help fix any issues with any compatibility issues.

DemICE

QoL junkie
I see. Thank you for clearing it for me. Also have a bug to report when encountering safari pokemon.

How this can help fix any issues with any compatibility issues.

is this for every safari pokemon or only if you encounter a shiny

Jangajinx

is this for every safari pokemon or only if you encounter a shiny
Not sure as I can not see them before the error, but I believe even with normal encounters. As I recall not having anything modifying the shiny rate.

DemICE

QoL junkie
Not sure as I can not see them before the error, but I believe even with normal encounters. As I recall not having anything modifying the shiny rate.

put this file in my plugins folder and tell me if it fixed it

Jangajinx

put this file in my plugins folder and tell me if it fixed it
Seems to work like a charm now. Thanks for taking the time to fix this for me. I have little experience in ruby.

VoxITH

Trainer
Is it possible to add this as a rare kind of Pokémon? Something like a shiny, with specific odds to be find.

DemICE

QoL junkie
Is it possible to add this as a rare kind of Pokémon? Something like a shiny, with specific odds to be find.
well as i explain in the main page the attribute that determines if a pokemon is mutated is :abilityMutation with various commands to control it
its up to you how you use that.
you can code encounters to have a low chance to enableAbilityMutation that pokemon if you want for example

Back