• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Pokémon in need of buffs

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
So I'm trying to buff Pokémon that need it in order to make them more useable (ex: Sunflora, Ledian, Kriketune), whether that be by increasing their base stats, giving them more/better moves/abilities, or giving them something special like a signature move, ability, or a mega evolution (like what I did with Parasect). I would like to know, what Pokémon do you think need a buff, and if possible, what kind of buff do you believe would be most beneficial to that Pokémon. I will take all suggestions into account and it is quite likely that I will use them for my game.

Entay777

Rookie
The Chikorita line could use a huge buff - I love the idea that people throw around about Meganium having the fairy typing as well as the grass.

The Magargo Line could also use some love - it’s a little bit trash in the canon games.

Onix is also horribly weighed down by its terrible stats. It’s a huge rock snake? Why wouldn’t it be strong?

Paulypus

The Chikorita line could use a huge buff - I love the idea that people throw around about Meganium having the fairy typing as well as the grass.

The Magargo Line could also use some love - it’s a little bit trash in the canon games.

Onix is also horribly weighed down by its terrible stats. It’s a huge rock snake? Why wouldn’t it be strong?
Alright, thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely be buffing Slugma/Magcargo and the whole Chikorita line (genuinely probably the weakest starter ever made), and will likely be buffing Onix. The only reasons I'm more hesitant about Onix are that it isn't fully evolved (less of a problem) and that one of the gyms in my game, when fought as the first gym (you can fight the gyms in almost any order), uses an Onix as the second to last Pokémon, and it's already terrifying enough with Rock Head+Head Smash, Dragon Dance, and Earthquake. Though an attack buff would still probably make sense and be good, so I'll probably still do it.

Cross Agento

Novice
If you want some ideas in terms of buffs and nerfs, I'm working on ideas for my own Pokemon game, including making Magcargo actually good.

Paulypus

Alright so what I have done for Magcargo is the following:
  • Base stat total increased to 530 (+20 HP, +10 Atk, +25 Def, +10 SpAtk, +35 SpDef)
  • Magma Armor as a primary ability switched out for Weak Armor, Drought as a new hidden ability
  • Eruption gained as a tutor move
My hope is that these changes will make Magcargo actually useable with some consistency. I also gave Meganium the Fairy type, so that's helpful, and I increased Onix's attack by 30, and consequently also increased Steelix and its mega's attack.

Cross Agento

Novice
What I did for Magcargo was: +25 HP, +30 Speed, +10 SpAtk, +5 SpDef. making it's BST 500. Weak Armor has been moved to be a normal ability, instead of Magma Armor.

On top of being able to use Shell Smash + Weak Armor effectively, Magcargo also gets access to a new ability: Molten Rock: "Turns Rock moves into HP, absorbs Stealth Rocks." It loses a weakness in exchange for an immunity, plus is now able to remove Stealth Rocks on switch in.

It has the speed to be a sweeper, while also having the bulk to play bulky, despite having 2 quad weaknesses. It also get access to Power Gem to have a good special STAB, as well as a move that I made a lot of rock types learn: Accelerock. I've done a few test fights with it, and I've had a hard time taking it down.

Paulypus

What I did for Magcargo was: +25 HP, +30 Speed, +10 SpAtk, +5 SpDef. making it's BST 500. Weak Armor has been moved to be a normal ability, instead of Magma Armor.

On top of being able to use Shell Smash + Weak Armor effectively, Magcargo also gets access to a new ability: Molten Rock: "Turns Rock moves into HP, absorbs Stealth Rocks." It loses a weakness in exchange for an immunity, plus is now able to remove Stealth Rocks on switch in.

It has the speed to be a sweeper, while also having the bulk to play bulky, despite having 2 quad weaknesses. It also get access to Power Gem to have a good special STAB, as well as a move that I made a lot of rock types learn: Accelerock. I've done a few test fights with it, and I've had a hard time taking it down.
Will definitely take this into account, defo giving it Power Gem, maybe Accelerock too.

Also I made Castform a 600 BST MONSTER whose stats actually change based on which form its in, for example rain castform is a bulky special attacker, and hail castform is an extreme glass cannon. Regular form is just 100 across the board.

Back