• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Mega MewThree's Achievement System for v21.1 v1.1

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Gardenette submitted a new resource:

Mega MewThree's Achievement System for v20.1 - Achievement System for v20.1

This script is an update of Mega Mewthree's Achievements System to work in v20.1.
Vendily updated it to v17 and streamlined installation to make it easier, and I just ported it to v20.1 is all.

Please read "README.txt" for instructions. As stated instructions, one part of this will conflict with Essentials hotfixes. Please read instructions in the README file.

Read more about this resource...

TeraPulse

Silver Pinap Collector
hi there dus this work with Voltseon's Pause Menu
You can add it yourself, if you know how to code it in.

• Go to your game's folder.
  • Click plugins, and then Voltseon's Pause Menu, not VPM.
  • Right click 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries.rb, and open it with Notepad (or Notepad++ if you have it).
  • Scroll down to the bottom where you'll see the entry for MQS.
  • You can copy that for easier formatting, but it doesn't really matter.

I don't know how to code, so I don't know what you have to do after.

overlordnigel

Novice
You can add it yourself, if you know how to code it in.

• Go to your game's folder.
  • Click plugins, and then Voltseon's Pause Menu, not VPM.
  • Right click 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries.rb, and open it with Notepad (or Notepad++ if you have it).
  • Scroll down to the bottom where you'll see the entry for MQS.
  • You can copy that for easier formatting, but it doesn't really matter.

I don't know how to code, so I don't know what you have to do after.
i used this in 005_voltseonmenu_entries.rb
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Entry for achievements
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class MenuEntryPokemonAchievements < MenuEntry
def initialize
@icon = "menuachievements"
@Name = "Achievements"
end

def selected(menu)
pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
scene = PokemonAchievements_Scene.new
screen = PokemonAchievements.new(scene)
screen.pbStartScreen
}
end

def selectable?; return true; end
end

and it worked after a few atemps

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
I personally have no reason to since I'm not using v21 but see if it runs in v21

rafahbit

Novice
I added the achievements to open in the Pokegear, and it's working fine. However, the background doesn't appear. I've tried a few things, but since I'm not familiar with programming, I couldn't figure out why.

Additionally, I get this error every time I open it: 'Exception `TypeError' at Section006:482 - no implicit conversion of Regexp into Integer.'

The pause menu also doesn't display the background. I'm using version 21. Do you know how I can fix this?

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
I added the achievements to open in the Pokegear, and it's working fine. However, the background doesn't appear. I've tried a few things, but since I'm not familiar with programming, I couldn't figure out why.

Additionally, I get this error every time I open it: 'Exception `TypeError' at Section006:482 - no implicit conversion of Regexp into Integer.'

The pause menu also doesn't display the background. I'm using version 21. Do you know how I can fix this?
I'd have to download v21 and test it. Could you post a screenshot of that error please?

rafahbit

Novice
I'd have to download v21 and test it. Could you post a screenshot of that error please?
It doesn't disrupt the gameplay, but the background doesn't appear, making the design look a bit ugly. I don't understand programming much, but I've tried various possible modifications that don't change the result, and it works fine in v20, so it must be something that changed in v21. I'm investigating what it could be, but, as I mentioned, I'm not very skilled at this

erro.jpg

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Couldn't fix the TypeErrors, but if it doesn't affect gameplay, I'm not worried about it.
I left a nice note in the script file next to the line causing the errors, so anybody who has the patience to fix it can do so :)

rafahbit

Novice
Couldn't fix the TypeErrors, but if it doesn't affect gameplay, I'm not worried about it.
I left a nice note in the script file next to the line causing the errors, so anybody who has the patience to fix it can do so :)
It worked just fine, I tested it in my project, and everything is okay. Thank you for having the patience to update to v21. If I somehow manage to fix the error, I'll come back here (I'm studying and learning).

rafahbit

Novice
Actually, I removed the _INTL part from the line that was causing the error, and it worked. However, I'm not sure if this will cause any future problems. I'm testing to see if there will be an error with this change, but from the initial tests I've done, removing the _INTL from the line that was causing the error didn't affect the script's functionality at all (I might be wrong, I'm just an amateur).

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
thank!
One question, do you know how to ensure that achievements are not lost when starting a new game?
It's just that in my game it takes more than one game to get all the achievements.
Oo that's a cool idea.
Currently I don't think it's coded that way.
I have an idea of how it could be done with another plugin called persistent switches or something like that.
It looks at other save files for the game

But right now it's just not coded that way

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Oo that's a cool idea.
Currently I don't think it's coded that way.
I have an idea of how it could be done with another plugin called persistent switches or something like that.
It looks at other save files for the game

But right now it's just not coded that way
https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/1216/ > My Persistent Switches plugin :). It's labeled for v20, but I think it should work for v21? Let me know if not.

Back