• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon Golden/Sun Silver Moon Recruitment

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxysacid

Novice
I'm recruiting for Pokemon Golden Sun/Silver Moon! GSSM for short because I'm not typing that whole thing out every time!

The game centers on Gladion's adventures in Kanto and Johto after the events of USUM. There is a demo out, however, I'm not satisfied with it anymore. Thus, I'm remaking it from the ground up, so I'd like some help! We had only gone up to Gym 2, so we won't be treading much old ground with that.

What do you have so far?
We've got a good outline for the story and pretty much all the character designs done! We also have the ~45 minute demo and can lift assets, dialogue, trainers and encounters from there. Our goal is to fill out two story arcs spanning Kanto and Johto, but if push comes to shove, just the Johto arc would still be fun to make.
The Johto arc will center on Team Rocket and their pursuit of more power. This time, they're after more powerful and even legendary Pokemon. No more trying to take over the region with level 14 Rattata.
The Kanto arc... well, that's a spoiler. Let's just say it focuses on one of the old player characters.
The revamp has next to no progress, as we're still in the planning phase, but here's some screenshots from its previous incarnation:

7.png
6.png
10.png
12.png

What features do you have?
Honestly, I don't have a 30 page list of all the gameplay features. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel, or anything. My goal is to make a fun, story-driven classic Pokemon experience. But, if you have any cool gameplay features in mind and want to join the project, please do!
As previously stated, the main appeal of the game is the characters. Check in on what your favorite characters have been up to in the seven years between HGSS and USUM, and meet some new faces as well!
...Also, we have funny dialogue portraits.

falkner6.png

I urgently need:
People to help with game balance, adding trainers, working on the Pokedex, etc.
Mappers

I would also like:
Spriters, because doing every single sprite by myself is horrifically daunting!
Some tileset spriters would come in handy for the interiors of gyms and things of that nature.

Qualifications
Don't worry about if you aren't "good enough!" We'll take all the help we can get!
The only real qualifications you need are to not be an asshole and to have a flexible-ish schedule. I've met one too many wildly homophobic Pokemon fans so I feel the need to specify this. This game has gay people. Be warned.
Your schedule doesn't have to be super flexible, but both of the people currently working on the project are soon-to-be college students, so our schedules are or soon will be packed.

Engine: Pokemon Essentials V20.1

Team Members: Me and my friend who has literally no social media. Whoops.

Method of Contact: Shoot me a friend request at local arven enjoyer#2557 on Discord!

Timezone: Pacific Standard Time / GMT-8

If you're interested, please reply to the post as well to boost it!

Last edited:

Asforcia

Novice
hi im interested can i join [mapper/eventing gaming]

Witnoga

Rookie
I'd love to help if you'll take me, I can do Mapping or minor dialogue stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back