• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v12+] Diploma (and how to do a simple scene)

Resource [v12+] Diploma (and how to do a simple scene) 1.1

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

[v12+] Diploma (and how to do a simple scene) - Displays a diploma (and explain essentials scenes).

screen.png

Displays a game diploma like in official games. This is a very simple scene that I made with a lot of comments that can be used to understand how simple scenes work in Essentials.

Link

Tested on Essentials v12 and v20.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on...

Read more about this resource...

pkmnacademia

Novice
Is there a way to include variables on the diploma screen? I've tried a few different ways, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Is there a way to include variables on the diploma screen? I've tried a few different ways, but I haven't been able to get it to work.
In ruby you can show variables using "#{variableName}". Example:
Ruby:
a = 9001
print("Your variable is here -#{a}-")
Prints:
Code:
Your variable is here -9001-

With this on mind, you can call
Ruby:
pbDiploma("Here is the diploma text. Variable 42 is #{$game_variables[42]}.")
Or you can change line
Ruby:
main_text = _INTL("This document is issued in recognition of your magnificent achievement - the completion of the National Pokédex.") if !main_text
to
Ruby:
main_text = _INTL("Here is the diploma text. Variable 42 is #{$game_variables[42]}.") if !main_text
or to
Ruby:
main_text = _INTL("Here is the diploma text. Variable 42 is {1}.", $game_variables[42]) if !main_text
The last one use extra args on _INTL method. This is better if you are planning to use the localization/translation system.

pkmnacademia

Novice
Thank you! I still can't for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong, but I must have screwed up the punctuation. Your method works great.

Back