• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Muddy Slopes and Cracked Tiles as Events

Tutorial Muddy Slopes and Cracked Tiles as Events 1.00

Geoswag

Novice
Geoswag submitted a new resource:

Muddy Slopes and Cracked Tiles as Events - Tutorial on making the Muddy Slope and Cracked Tile bike obstacles as seen in gen 3!

This tutorial outlines how to make events that function similarly to the bike obstacles as seen in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. In those games the Mach bike is required to traverse these but this tutorial will assume the regular Pokemon essentials bike (from Fire Red / Leaf Green) is being used.

Examples shown below!

Muddy Slope Cracked Tiles:
[ATTACH type="full"...

Read more about this resource...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I just implemented this (thanks for the guide!). For the Cracked Tiles, you can use TempSelfSwitches so that they reset automatically.

On Page 1, instead of turning a SelfSwitch on, use the script call setTempSwitchOn("A"). Then on Page 2, don't mark the Self Switch condition; instead, turn on the Switch condition for s:tsOn?("A")

Geoswag

Novice
I just implemented this (thanks for the guide!). For the Cracked Tiles, you can use TempSelfSwitches so that they reset automatically.

On Page 1, instead of turning a SelfSwitch on, use the script call setTempSwitchOn("A"). Then on Page 2, don't mark the Self Switch condition; instead, turn on the Switch condition for s:tsOn?("A")
Sorry, I've only just seen this comment! This is a good point and if the Cracked Tiles take you to a new map upon falling then yes, this is a much better way to handle the events resetting. I don't think it works if the tiles teleport the player to another position in the same map though (which is how it is set up in my game), but it is a good point so I think I will add a comment to the tutorial, thank you for finding that!

Baertierchen

Working on an unnamed solo project.
Yes, this should work exactly the same in v21.1!
I've actually tried out the muddy slopes since the time I asked (back when the Website was a little.. different hehe) and it's working perfectly, thank you very much!

Back