• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Modular Pokemon Selection 1.5

ChampChar110

Trainer
roei110 submitted a new resource:

Modular Pokemon Selection - Modular and easy pokemon selection UI

Modular pokemon selection UI with the Black&White pokedex looking
Very easy to use, looks great

Features:
  • Modular Pokemon Selection UI
Dependencies:
Installation:
  • Download and compile Luka's Scripting Utilities from the dependencies section
  • Download the zip file from the...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Love the new update and have it working like a charm! Anyway to have the old graphical selection as a setting?

Darth JarJar

Rookie
Hi,
I get the attached error when trying to call below code in an event, please advice,
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbAddPokemon(pbPokemonSelection
(:Starting_Pokemon),5)

Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
Exception `SyntaxError' at Section033:138 - (eval):2: syntax error, unexpected (, expecting ')'
^
(eval):2: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting end-of-input
                   ^

Exception `EventScriptError' at Section033:177 - EventScriptError

4AllNighterGrinder64

4 Sleepless nights to update to Teal Mask Part 1
Hello. I have in the past have run into crashing issues that is my own issue with not understanding how to use the plugin. I need a plugin that is able to handle the task of selecting all 1000+ Pokemon, including Forms/Formes, for the needs of my fan game. I don't want to have to make 9 map sections for every region generation, that also have wild Pokemon from all 1025, including Forms/Formes, because it's too much to keep track of. I am using Luka's Scripting Utilities 3.3.2, as I think it's a dependency this plugin needs, according to what I think are past history updates related to this plugin. I am using 1.5 of this plugin, V21.1 of Essentials, with v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9. This is the error message I am getting, and I have made sure and double checked that I was holding the Ctrl key when booting up my fan game project:

[2024-10-05 21:59:14 +1000]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Script error in event 218 (coords 30,20), map 22 (Battle Paradise)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbAddPokemon(pbPokemonSelection(:Starting_Pokemon),5)

Backtrace:
[Modular Pokemon Selection] [003] Main Script.rb:186:in `drawPage'
[Modular Pokemon Selection] [003] Main Script.rb:60:in `pbStartScene'
[Modular Pokemon Selection] [003] Main Script.rb:264:in `pbStartScreen'
[Modular Pokemon Selection] [003] Main Script.rb:283:in `pbPokemonSelection'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:138:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1177:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:130:in `block in update'

And this is how I have set up the event in Pokemon Essentials V21.1:

And these is a folder list of the other plugins I am using. I don't know if any of these are conflicting with Modular Pokemon Selection:

And during my own testing to see if the plugin even worked for me after downloading and not configuring the plugin out of the box, I tried it out when I had a Pokemon team, and having no Pokemon team. Both crashed the game. I'm sorry if I am showing myself to be an idiot. During the process of testing 300 trainer battles, Single and Double battles, I ran into an issue the player could face with the Storage System Utilities plugin. I was on autopilot and released 2 Pokemon by accident. The player gets all 1025 Pokemon out of the gate, including every form that isn't obtainable via the Form Trader plugin, and there is no wild Pokemon to catch in the map I have created. I can't expect the player to go into Debug Mode when they download my fan game project, and that is why I realized I need this plugin to fix a real issue the player could face that is out of my control.

Back