• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [v20\v21] Secret Bases Remade 3.0.0

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Vendily submitted a new resource:

Secret Bases Remade - Want to make your Secret Base here?

Secret Bases Remade
gjhO3d0.png

Features
  • Creation of Secret Bases from RSE.
  • User configurable Bases and Decorations
  • Gifting, Buying, and Selling Decorations
There's a user manual in the download for setting up the script.

Read more about this resource...

BubbleMage

Novice
hi!! i cant seem to find a way to place dolls on top of the big bricks for example, or tables, why is that? i set their (tables/bricks) terrain tags to 28 so supposedly i should be able to place decor on top of those, but it won't let me?
it does let me place dolls on top of chairs tho, and they also have tag 28. weird!

Vendily

Elite Trainer
hi!! i cant seem to find a way to place dolls on top of the big bricks for example, or tables, why is that? i set their (tables/bricks) terrain tags to 28 so supposedly i should be able to place decor on top of those, but it won't let me?
it does let me place dolls on top of chairs tho, and they also have tag 28. weird!
Hmm, you're going to have to send a screenshot or three.

[2022-12-30] 11_40_47.029.png

Only the top most rows counts in the terrain tags, at least in the set I included. Chairs don't have the terrain tag by default either.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Vendily updated Secret Bases Remade with a new update entry:

Record Mixing and Bug Fixes

I'm putting out this update a little sooner than I'd have liked because I found a game crashing bug in pbReceiveDecoration.
But it doesn't mean I don't have a new feature to add anyways!

Now the script supports CableClub Record Mixing!
5ptMavM.png

It'll automatically register itself as a record to mix, so you only need to have the Cable Club plugin to receive bases.

Though because of the rushed nature of this update, the trainers don't do much...

Read the rest of this update entry...

D

Deleted member 9190

Hello, first of all thank you very much for updating this secret base system I always wanted to include it in my projects but it was never updated thank you very much for updating it, I encountered an error where the game crashes when having the items " SOLIDBOARDVERTICAL" and "SOLIDBOARDSQUARE " in the secret bag here is the print of the error.
Sem título.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Olá, em primeiro lugar muito obrigado por atualizar esse sistema de base secreta sempre quis incluí-lo em meus projetos mas nunca foi atualizado muito obrigado por atualizá-lo, encontrei um erro onde o jogo trava ao ter os itens " SOLIDBOARDVERTICAL" e "SOLIDBOARDSQUARE" no saco secreto aqui está o print do erro.View attachment 14759
Hi, you need to update the script, sorry! I found a bug in pbReceiveDecoration so when you used that method of giving items to the player, it saves the GameData itself instead of the ID symbol, and GameDatas don't sort.
You need to start a new save because your bag is broken now (sorry), but you only need to change the Plugin itself, you don't need to worry about the maps.
Make a back up of your map templates if you changed them, so the plugin doesn't overwrite them.

D

Deleted member 9190

Hi, you need to update the script, sorry! I found a bug in pbReceiveDecoration so when you used that method of giving items to the player, it saves the GameData itself instead of the ID symbol, and GameDatas don't sort.
You need to start a new save because your bag is broken now (sorry), but you only need to change the Plugin itself, you don't need to worry about the maps.
Make a back up of your map templates if you changed them, so the plugin doesn't overwrite them.
ok thanks a lot for the quick answer about the save don't worry i'm working on an update of my game and i discovered this bug testing the embroider of the bases i'm putting together so i won't have major problems, taking advantage of the occasion i'm making my fan game with style graphics hgss and I'm redoing the original emerald tileset (the one you made available) would you be interested in me sharing it when I finish the modifications?

MLGKuba11

Rookie
Because of this plugin, I have a dilemma whether to move to the latest version. On the one hand, there are things on version 19.1 that are not on the latest version, but on the other hand, secret bases are a thing that I really like about generation 3 pokemon. I will not force porting to 19.1

Because of this plugin, I have a dilemma whether to move to the latest version. On the one hand, there are things on version 19.1 that are not on the latest version, but on the other hand, secret bases are a thing that I really like about generation 3 pokemon. I will not force porting to 19.1
There's very little on v19 that isn't going to get updated to v20. EBDX is commonly cited as a reason people stick with v19, but Luka's said he's going to update it.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
What is the items map supposed to look like? I have a different tileset in the spot the data has it so I can't see where things go.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
ok thanks a lot for the quick answer about the save don't worry i'm working on an update of my game and i discovered this bug testing the embroider of the bases i'm putting together so i won't have major problems, taking advantage of the occasion i'm making my fan game with style graphics hgss and I'm redoing the original emerald tileset (the one you made available) would you be interested in me sharing it when I finish the modifications?
Yeah go for it if you want to make a tileset for the community. All that really matters to me is the script itself, so any graphical additions or the like, feel free to share!

I don't have any active plans to port this script. But! Most of this script is self contained, so it's really just a matter of finding the equivalent Events for the respective EventHandlers. v19 is also missing module MenuHandlers, but that module can probably be copied? Maybe? Like I said, I haven't really looked into it.
One thing though, one EventHandler will trip you up, the one for the Cable Club. it's in CableClub instead.

What is the items map supposed to look like? I have a different tileset in the spot the data has it so I can't see where things go.
items_map.PNG

The first 6 are events, the next 6 are tiles, and the last 2 are events for decorations that that have both a tile and event component (they have no graphic).

CarmineGGW

Novice
So I think I've gotten everything set up correctly. but, I'm having trouble figuring out how to place a base. I've set it up correctly in the PBS files. do I need to make an event on the map? or did I miss something in the PDF?

Vendily

Elite Trainer
So I think I've gotten everything set up correctly. but, I'm having trouble figuring out how to place a base. I've set it up correctly in the PBS files. do I need to make an event on the map? or did I miss something in the PDF?
If you set up the bases in the PBS, and followed the rest of the instructions in the manual, all you have to do is compile your game. The script handles the work of actually making the events.
Mind that visually, only cave bases have a closed appearance, as shrubs and tree bases rely on recognizing specific tiles on the overworld instead. But for all three, if you find the location in question from the PBS, you can interact with it.

CarmineGGW

Novice
If you set up the bases in the PBS, and followed the rest of the instructions in the manual, all you have to do is compile your game. The script handles the work of actually making the events.
Mind that visually, only cave bases have a closed appearance, as shrubs and tree bases rely on recognizing specific tiles on the overworld instead. But for all three, if you find the location in question from the PBS, you can interact w
oh okay! Thanks so much for the response!

Vendily

Elite Trainer

No More Full Map Resets, Followers Functional

Bug fixing update that stops recreating the map from scratch after decorating. Well, it still reloads the original map data, but it doesn't need to hit the map factory to reset the whole map.

This update also fixes followers, as they failed to appear after decorating. Now followers follow you in and out of bases, after reloading saves, and after decorating (they are temporarily hidden while decorating, as they do not impact placing of decorations).

Vendily

Elite Trainer

v21 and some adjustments

Secret Bases Remade is updated to v21, now you can decorate your fancy bases in the newest version of Essentials!

Minor adjustments to how the code for the base creation animations play, so now you can define on which frame into the animation before displaying the open sprite of the base, rather than the predefined 1/3rd of the total animation time. Animations can also be shorter or longer than 15 frames if so you desired now, with no issues in timing.

Lastly, fixed an issue in the...

LinKazamine

Champion
After some trial and error, I have managed to add buyable secret bases to the code. A nice way to add something like the villa from Platinum but with the benefits of the secret bases of customising it at one's liking.
1692795109091.png

Back