• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Other A rather unusual ability

This thread's author wants feedback. Be constructive.

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
So I was thinking about maybe adding a rather strange ability to my game that I'm not entirely sure could even be done, but in case it can be I'm coming here first for feedback on it before even trying to make it.

The ability would essentially make any Pokémon that had it take their turn after the turns of all other Pokémon have ended, and all end-of-turn effects have taken place, essentially meaning that Pokémon's action is always the very last thing that happens in a turn. What I want to know is if this is a good idea, if it would have any actual use, and if I should give some bonus in exchange for this or not. Any feedback is appreciated.

Upvote 0

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
It sounds close to the Stall ability, though I don't think Stall makes it move after end of turn effects activate. Using Stall as a base to start with would help visualize your new ability.

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
I guess it is kinda like Stall, except that stall only makes the Pokémon move last in its priority bracket, while this would have it move even after things such as sandstorm damage. I also just realized this would allow for some funny stuff such as focus punching without any chance of failure.

Also I just programmed it and it works perfectly. Tested it with a Speed Boost 'mon as an opponent, Speed Boost activated before the 'mon with the ability attacked, and it normally activates at the end of the turn.

Back