• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Unpack'd v3.0.0

ra101

Rookie
ra101 submitted a new resource:

Essentials-Unpackd - A tool to extract data binaries to readable .rb and .yaml files and to combine them back

Essentials Unpack'd​

unpackd.exe is a tool for the Pokémon Essentials, to extract data binaries (.rxdata) to readable .rb and .yaml files and to combine them back, Thus making your game to be version-controlled and to be collaborated on....​

Read more about this resource...

Nathan-MV

Rookie
There's a official tool for it in essentials github

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Good job! I highly recommend a scripter extractor for all people who make RPG Maker XP scripts.

The official tool doesn't work for maps.

ra101

Rookie
Ik, I am quite a few months late, but let me reply anyway. Yes, these files work!

In fact! This project is a superset of those, (Maruno17 is credited for those exact files).

Superset: as in it can open any .rxdata file, not just Scripts.rxdata file. these opened .rxdata files may not be 100% readable, but data can be altered and can be saved back to a working .rxdata file.

Example: Tilesets.rxdata, contain terrain, and directional properties, I could take excruciatingly long to manually do in RMXP. so, this data can be copied and pasted to a new project, this could be a new way to share tilesets.

Finally, This is just an .exe, you do not need ruby to run any of the functionalities in this tool.

DemICE

QoL junkie
works for Scripts.rxdata but sadly not for PluginScripts.rxdata, which was my main reason for looking for this 😔
it does produce a .yaml file though

Andrew

Rookie
I really hate to be one of "those" people, but here I am.

I can't seem to get the file to work.
When I click on the exe file, I get an error saying that one of the options (--extract, --combine, ...) must be specified, and then the window immediately closes.
I have read over the readme file numerous times, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it work.

I have tried running the exe file in cmd to see if it will stay open, but it still closes immediately after throwing the error.
Could somebody let me know what step I am missing, because this is the perfect tool to help with some other scripts I'm writing.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

ra101

Rookie
Hi, IK It's almost 2 months late, But here we go:

can you let me know the error it is throwing in cmd

use upacked.exe [[you flag/options and any cli stuff]] > error.txt

" closes immediately after throwing the error" this behaviour might occur on double clicking it but should not happen on cmd

Last edited:

Andrew

Rookie
Sorry for being so slow to get back to you. School has been so busy. I was able to get it to work, I found out I was using the tool improperly.

I have a tool that randomly generates maps using simplex noise. So, I was wondering if I'd be able to incorporate this tool into mine to have it automatically generate an entire region that plugs straight into a Pokémon Essentials project?

Back