• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Viral Space

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Hey there!
We're Streetie(or Marty152) and xThatOneGuy and we're here to show you our fangame!
We're quite new to Relic Castle, but we hope that you'll check this out.
sPIeGRl.png

Introduction
We've been working on this game for the past few years and we're proud to say that it's in a state in which we can release a demo. We've created the game using Pokémon Essentials in RPG Maker XP. We're planning to continue developing the game until it's finished and we hope you enjoy playing it!
Plot
You are a young boy/girl who just moved to the Litho Region with your mom. In the Litho region, you're old enough to become a Pokémon trainer already, so you immediately enrolled for the Pokémon School. After graduating, you'll enjoy a journey throughout the Litho region with your newly made friends and explore all different landscapes the region has to offer.
A062gV4.png

However, you encounter an organization that is illegally trying to obtain money and knowledge. What are they doing this for? And are they just troublemakers or should they genuinely be feared by the people?
Features
  • A classic Pokémon adventure through an enitrely new region!
  • Story driven journey
  • Choices may affect certain events in the game
  • Sidequests
  • Custom Abilities
  • Some Pokémon have different typings
  • All Pokémon will eventually be available
Progress
The game currently has 3 gyms and a bit after that.
The story is completely thought out and for the next demo, we're planning to make the player be able to win the Pokémon League.
Screenshots
CZqhKZ6.png
lbcG9xj.png
gOCYQSx.png

yc2qDDf.png
ozgkD8I.png
lbcG9xj.png

de1y5sl.png
Dol9wnq.png
f08475p.png

5GddOfJ.png
96enCIq.png
QNdEgcW.png

Yo4oxFs.png
OMRA2b0.png
hOT1YlT.png

nkhNqXj.png
sOb9N5I.png
kiwktRr.png
Credits
Without of any of the following people, our game wouldn't be here right now, so shoutout to them!​
Nintendo and Gamefreak - Everything affliated with Pokémon

Pokemon Essentials(used to create the game):
Maruno - Without this engine, almost none of the fangame making would be possible.
Awesome props to you dude for creating such a good engine!

ELITE BATTLE SYSTEM:
Luka S.J. - He is the main developer and a genius ruby coder, you should really check this out!
Pokecheck.org - He ripped the sprites for the battle system from the games
PinkCatDragon - Converted all the animated gifs to pngs, so they could be used ingame
Tebited15 - The player back sprite in battle
Spriters-Resource(redblueyellow) - Made the sprites of the Pokéballs
Eli - Ripped the battle backgrounds from the main games and compiled them
lilatraube - Made some of the battle bases(which aren't used, but are in the game files)
Maruno - Helped and supported this project
BadSamaritan - Ripped the sound effects used by the system

GRAPHICS:
The outside tileset - Calis projects, Dewitty & Minorthreat0987 - This tileset is amazing
and works well with the style we want our game to be, thanks for creating it!
The interior tileset(watch out these will be a lot of awesome collaborators):
Kyle-Dove, Speedialga, Spacemotion, Alucus, Pokemon-Diamond, Kizemaru-Kurunosuke,
EpicDay, Thurpok, UltimoSpriter, Dewitty, Minorthreat0987, TyranitarDark,
Heavy-Metal-Lover, kaitoooo, WesleyFG, BoOmxBiG, CrimsonTakai, ThatsSoWitty &
Chimcharsfireworks
Overworld balloon sprite - Makattack202
Waterfall autotile - Hel el Grande
Some beach-y tiles - WesleyFG

MUSIC:
Bauerklos - Overworld music(route 2, route 3, route 5, Trovine Town, Breezefell City &
Aquadrift City, Battle Wild Pokemon/ Trainer/ Gym leader) - He makes great remasters,
you should really check out his work if you're looking for some music!
EternalSushi - Haystack Town music(Where I belong on the youtube channel) - I love all
the work from EternalSushi and I'm looking to incorporate more work of him
Kamex - Venzor City - Really good remix! The rest of his work isn't really suited for
in a game, but it's great to listen to though!
Bliitzit - Team Nova battle theme - Amazing dude with a lot of great work on his channel!
You should really check him out!
ZameJack - Team Nova Admin Battle theme - Great active channel with a lot of realistic
remasters keeping true to the originals!

SCRIPTS:
Again Luka SJ for the Elite Battle system, it's so amazing I kinda need to mention him
twice.
M3rein and Grace - Questing interface script - We were looking for this a long time and it is
perfect for us, great script!
KleinStudio - Map Connection Overlap fix - KleinStudio has some amazing scripts to
polish your game. We wanted to include more,but the website was temporarily taken
down...
Shiney570 - BW2 UI scripts(loading screen, trainer card, menu screen, party screen and bag)
An amazing set of scripts to make your game look like BW2. Though some scripts seemed
to interfere with other scripts we already had, we really adore this addition!
MISCELLANEOUS:
The following people helped us by giving advice and feedback during the production of
our demo. We really appreciate the way they helped us improve our game:
Makattack202
Luster Purge(Lycanroc)
Mutant Yoshi
Jefries
Katie

Download
To play the game, download the following folder and run Game.exe.
Download (updated on 16 september 2017)
We hope you enjoy the game!

EDIT: After some feedback, we found some bugs in the beginning(the gym was accessible before the player had a Pokémon and one sprite didn't load during an important event early), which are removed in this edit.

Last edited:

NurseEthi

Novice
I'm going to try playing this as soon as I can. Your mascot is Deoxys, which interests me immediately.

Choices affecting the outcome of the game is always interesting to me. I love seeing the small changes in how people react to me based on how I treated them in video games.

Different typings and new abilities sound amazing! I see a lot of other people doing it too, and seeing those changes to a pokemon's type change how you use it and battle against it completely!

And I also enjoy the maps here. You have a lot of textures on the grass in your maps, you have those patches of really clear water that contrast well versus the ocean in the beach screenshot.

And finally, what gets me the most is how you added "knowledge" to the things the evil team is trying to obtain. It's something that can be brought up in story in a lot of different ways, depending on how they choose to present themselves. It has me wondering what kind of info they're looking for and if I need to know some of this information for myself!

NurseEthi

Novice
Okay, maybe this list will come off well. I've only played through to the first gym and beaten the leader, and want to go ahead and share all of my first thoughts, both good and bad.

You have absolutely amazing music, the Pokegear is absolutely amazing with great options.
However, I did find it hard to use. I had to register the Pokegear to get it to work, and then when playing the Sun and Moon intro, my game crashed every time.

Your spriting and scripting is absolutely amazing. I love the fact that when I'm walking left or right, my hair bounces up and down, which is a very nice subtle touch!
Watching the book cases move and watching Beedril just up and take away a Caterpie was hilarious to me. The game did slow down for a bit during those scenes, but it was barely noticeable.

My Pokedex had a few problems as well, my Turtwig, for example, was listed as a fire type at 13' 01" and weighing in at 385.8 lbs. I knew the starters were special, but this is someting different, haha!
Potions fet really scarce when I was working on getting stuff taken care of until I could leave the school.
When I was outside I felt like I was walking in slow motion, even with speedhack enabled.
I ran into trouble with one of the questions in the first gym, where my answer was incorrect and when I went to give a correct answer, I would be put in a loop of "go to the other computer" needing me to reset my game.

And after that list of negatives that I dropped, it's time for the amazing things about this game.

I love the evil team. They're still super interesting to me because I have no idea what they want to use this information for.
I love being able to keep up with my side quests so easilly with the Pokegear, especially with the Teacher's quest where you get more hints as to where to go and it updates in the quests.
I can't brag on the music and mapping and scripting and spriting enough. I love what you guys have done with those aspects and I love looking at this game.
You guys had a trainer with Audino, instant 1000 Ethi points.

I hope to hear more about this game in the future because, while I do have my tiny complaints about the game, the story and premise of this game are very enthralling, and I want to see more of the changes to Pokemon such as types and abilities with the starters.

Keep up the good work! Y'all are doing an amazing job!

Streetie

Novice
Thank you so much for the feedback!

That small list of bugs helps us out quite a lot, since we forgot about some or even haven't noticed them, especially the bug in the first gym should be taken care of as that is game breaking, so thanks for listing those! We'll fix them as soon as possible.

The crash at the sun and moon intro is something I cannot really fix... It came with the Ultimate Title screens of Luka S.J., but it can't seem to play that file in any way. I'll make sure it won't be included in the next version, so the game won't crash because of that.

We're still working very hard on the game, but it may take a long while before the next demo comes out as we plan to have the main story finished for next demo and we're both busy studying.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Back