• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Better Speed Up v3.0

ra101

Rookie
ra101 submitted a new resource:

Better Speed Up 3.0 - Adding Speed Up 2.0 to Options, therefore making it savable.

A simple plugin that gives you a speed-up switch! Change speed by going to Options, or pressing Q

View attachment 14354

- Default is now faster than the original speed
- Change line 33 to @gamespeed = 0 if @gamespeed == nil for setting original speed as default

- Remap your Q button on the F1 screen to change your speedup switch

- Disable by setting $game_temp.disable_speed_up to true

Read more about this resource...

ncrovi

Rookie
3.0 crashes for me, it says speed_scale is not defined!
1. merge the code from section "System and Temp Variables" to "Game_Temp.rb" and "UI_Options.rb".
2. merge the code from section "Game Option" to "UI_Options.rb".
3. leave the rest code alone.
works for me.

BubbleMage

Novice
1. merge the code from section "System and Temp Variables" to "Game_Temp.rb" and "UI_Options.rb".
works for me.
sorry i dont understand where the "game_temp.rb" and "ui_options.rb" are :( your plugin only has a file called "01_speed_up_v3.rb"

BoydALoyd

Rookie
works for me.
I believe I have run into the same error? I think more information would be helpful so I have attached 2 screenshots that show when running the game. This only begins to occur after ~ 10/15 loads, before this it works flawlessly. If anyone is able to help then I would greatly appreciate it! :)

ra101

Rookie
Ik, I am quite a few months late, This is how you install this script!

This is a video of Thundaga, where he explains how to install Marin's Original Script, My Script is installed the exact same way. No one needs to merge any code anywhere, that being said, I haven't tested this with Essentials Delux or Enhanced UI.

(I am sorry for ever calling it a plugin)

Last edited:

REALMUGEN

Trainer
I believe I have run into the same error? I think more information would be helpful so I have attached 2 screenshots that show when running the game. This only begins to occur after ~ 10/15 loads, before this it works flawlessly. If anyone is able to help then I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Same error here...

I'm not sure if it has to do with Essentials Deluxe or not, but it throws two errors, one for the script and then for Essentials Deluxe.

MauriceMM

Rookie
Same error here...

I'm not sure if it has to do with Essentials Deluxe or not, but it throws two errors, one for the script and then for Essentials Deluxe.
It crashes even with normal Vanilla Essentials.

Every time you change something in the PBS etc..
and try to compile the game, these two errors appear.

I have also done everything exactly as Thundaga has said in his video.

Last edited:

vinsear

Rookie
Ik, I am quite a few months late, This is how you install this script!

This is a video of Thundaga, where he explains how to install Marin's Original Script, My Script is installed the exact same way. No one needs to merge any code anywhere, that being said, I haven't tested this with Essentials Delux or Enhanced UI.

(I am sorry for ever calling it a plugin)
I saw on another forum that to use the 3.0 script, you need the meta data from Marin's 2.0 plugin. I gave it a shot and now don't get the errors seen above, but a fun new one!
It looks simpler, though I have no idea if that's true.
Screenshot 2024-01-28 141224.png
Otherwise, I followed the Thundaga tutorial and hit the same roadblocks others have posted

Back