• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
DarrylBD99's Wardrobe

Resource DarrylBD99's Wardrobe 1.1

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games
D

Deleted member 9190

Hello, I loved the plugin, it's really nice to be able to make the protagonist change clothes, but while I was testing some clothes that I designed, I noticed that the game doesn't replace the screen sprites of vs and the animation of throwing the pokéball, I already checked my files image to make sure there wasn't even an error, so I would like to know if I'm being stupid or the plugin doesn't change these images when the character changes clothes?

(if the answer is that the plugin doesn't change these images would there be any chance to update the plugin so that it does?)

DarrylBD99

Hello, I loved the plugin, it's really nice to be able to make the protagonist change clothes, but while I was testing some clothes that I designed, I noticed that the game doesn't replace the screen sprites of vs and the animation of throwing the pokéball, I already checked my files image to make sure there wasn't even an error, so I would like to know if I'm being stupid or the plugin doesn't change these images when the character changes clothes?

(if the answer is that the plugin doesn't change these images would there be any chance to update the plugin so that it does?)
That has nothing to do with this plugin. It changes the player's outfits (which is already in the base essentials) depending if you have unlocked it. You most likely have named your backsprite wrongly. If you want to learn how to define outfits in base essentials, I suggest you to look here: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/41/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9190

That has nothing to do with this plugin. It changes the player's outfits (which is already in the base essentials) depending if you have unlocked it. You most likely have named your backsprite wrongly. If you want to learn how to define outfits in base essentials, I suggest you to look here: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/41/

Thank you very much, I managed to solve my problem, sorry if I asked a stupid question.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
For Voltseon menu pause,

in 001_VoltseonMenu_Config, add this code before "MenuEntryQuit":
"MenuEntryWardrobe",
then open 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries, add this :
Code:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Entry for Temporal Chains Wardrobe
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class MenuEntryWardrobe < MenuEntry
  def initialize
    @icon = "menuWardrobe"
    @name = "Wardrobe"
  end

def selected(menu); pbWardrobe; end

def selectable?; return defined?(pbWardrobe); end
end

maybe this can help you for Voltseon menu user...

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

For Voltseon menu pause,

in 001_VoltseonMenu_Config, add this code before "MenuEntryQuit":
"MenuEntryWardrobe",
then open 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries, add this :
Lines of code

maybe this can help you for Voltseon menu user...
... wh... not gonna ask why you want to do that, but ok.

Phantom

Rookie
Hello bro I loved your plugin but I would like to know if it would be possible to change the base characters of surf and dive because I would like to give something more exclusive to my clothes changing the base characters of surf and dive for different aquatic pokemons.

DarrylBD99

Hello bro I loved your plugin but I would like to know if it would be possible to change the base characters of surf and dive because I would like to give something more exclusive to my clothes changing the base characters of surf and dive for different aquatic pokemons.
I have trouble with defining outfits and making sprites for it.
This resource only makes a new variable to keep track of the outfits unlocked. You can make your custom outfits in base essentials. Read this thread if you want to know how?

overlordnigel

Novice
hi there iv installed this in ok and can open the wardrobe the problem is trying to add a new outfit and Sady I cant find anything to tell me what I'm doing wrong the instructions say after you downloaded and installed it “ Make sure you go to the config file and add the Outfit Names corresponding to the outfit type” and that’s where the instructions end iv made a new outfit outlined in https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/41/ which the main page sent me to thro it doesn't work the same in v20 as the names are different (i have tried using the name trainer000_1 and trainer_POKEMONTRAINER_Red_1) this outfit works with the normal code for changing outfits but when I try and add it to the config files it makes a crash and as I cant find how to add to the config file I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong let alone use the script to let my character add it to the wardrobe in game.

Savage7590

Novice
Hello, I really like to implement this into my game for essentials v19.1. I'm working on a survival mode that player can get health damage on different environments like zelda breath of wild. If possible would you mind downgrading it? I understand if you're busy and have better things to do no hard feelings if you can't or don't want to.

DarrylBD99

Hello, how i can add the wardrobe to pause menu?
Simple really, just have a look at the already existing code for the Pause Menu Commands. For instance in my case "I'm using v21.1", the Pause Menu uses a MenuHandler that can add new commands depending on what you want. I just re-used the code for the Party Menu Command and changed it to call pbWardrobe.

Ruby:
MenuHandlers.add(:pause_menu, :party, {
  "name"      => _INTL("Wardrobe"),
  "order"     => 100, # this will depend on how many commands you already have
  "condition" => proc { next $player.outfit_unlocked.length() > 1 }, # checks if more than one outfit is unlocked (can remove if want to)
  "effect"    => proc { |menu|
    menu.pbHideMenu
    pbPlayDecisionSE
    pbWardrobe
  }
})

Please note that I have not tested this code, so there might be issues.

LinKazamine

Champion
I like this plugin and the UI it gives to change the character's outfit, but I have a suggestion. Have you considered adding a sort of pockets that group similar clothes together like in the official games? I'm trying to do so myself (and I think I managed though I haven't tested it yet), but I thought that it could be nice to give the option to give the developer the choice to add pockets. I understand if you decide not to.

taku

Novice
Hello little question is what it is possible to make a clothing store in 20.1 thanks

LinKazamine

Champion
It works in 20.1. I made the changes I said in my post and have it working on 20.1.

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
Would there be a way to be able to purchase an item first at the shop and then add it to this plugin. I currently have the outfits designed as items so you just switch in your bag.
#-------------------------------
[CLASSICOUTFIT_M]
Name = Classic Outfit
NamePlural = Classic Outfits
Pocket = 8
Price = 7500
SellPrice = 0
FieldUse = Direct
Consumable = false
Flags = Outfit
Description = Original character sprite from POKEMON EMERALD on GBA.

LinKazamine

Champion
Try this?
Ruby:
def pbItemToIndex(item)
  items = {
    # Item ID => outfit index in OUTFITS array
    :CLASSICOUTFIT_M => 0
  }
  return items[item]
end

def pbBuyClothes(itemList)
  for outfit in itemList do
    if $bag.has?(outfit)
      outfit_index = pbItemToIndex(outfit)
      pbUnlockOutfit(outfit_index)
      quantity = $bag.quantity(outfit)
      $bag.remove(outfit, quantity)
    end
  end
end
You can copy this at the end of 001_main and you will just need to put the clothes you made as items in the array in pbItemToIndex like the example. Then just call the pbBuyClothes with a list of all the clothes you made as items. I recommend having the script right after the one that calls the shop. This way, if the player has bought a cloth, it'll be automatically added to the wardrobe and deleted from the bag. It will still throw the message that the outfit was already unlocked so maybe you'll want to keep the player from buying it again.

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
I added to end of main and added a few more outfits but crashes when trying to load up the game. Also how do I add outfits to the actual file?
# Outfit Names in order of number index (must keep/consist of base outfit)
OUTFITS = [
"Basic Clothes"
]

Screenshot 2024-02-23 140615.png

Back