• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v17+] Roaming Icon on Map

Resource [v17+] Roaming Icon on Map 1.1.3

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

[v17+] Roaming Icon on Map - Displays icons on map for roaming pokémon.

screen.png

Displays icons on map for roaming pokémon.

Tested on Essentials v19.1 and v20.1. More versions on link (v17-18). If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Read more about this resource...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I went ahead and added some more that I just whipped up for my game.

Link

Ruby:
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Xerneas
Yveltal
Volcanion
Marshadow

Willix

Novice
Did it work ?
Hi, I'm using this plugin on v21.1 and can confirm that it works fine. I just have a suggestion, when the player is on the same map as the roaming pokemon, both icons overlap on the map and you cannot see the pokemon icon anymore because the player one is on top. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Maybe move the icons apart when this happens?

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Hi, I'm using this plugin on v21.1 and can confirm that it works fine. I just have a suggestion, when the player is on the same map as the roaming pokemon, both icons overlap on the map and you cannot see the pokemon icon anymore because the player one is on top. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Maybe move the icons apart when this happens?
I made it to work like official games, but your suggestion is good. I gonna make something this way when I have more time.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Done! I put encounter icon always on front, since cursor goes into player location when map opens.

Willix

Novice
Done! I put encounter icon always on front, since cursor goes into player location when map opens.
Not exactly what I was thinking of, I wanted to show both icons, but it's good enough I think. Another question, just because. What happens if more than one roaming pokemon is in the same area? I assume the last icon overlaps the rest, right? Making it so icons rearrage depending on the number of species sharing map is more complex and maybe not worth doing, but just asking in case you want to try something.

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Hey, Enamorus guys! :) Credit me if used.
Lemme know if we have more pokemons that use Roaming mechanic.
Cya!

Enamorus.png

Last edited:

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Another question, just because. What happens if more than one roaming pokemon is in the same area? I assume the last icon overlaps the rest, right?
Yep. The last defined in ROAMING_SPECIES is above I guess.

Making it so icons rearrage depending on the number of species sharing map is more complex and maybe not worth doing, but just asking in case you want to try something.
Ok! Thanks for the feedback.

Hey, Enamorus guys! :) Credit me if used.
Lemme know if we have more pokemons that use Roaming mechanic.
Cya!

View attachment 26957
Thanks! I added to the thread. According to bulbapedia, there wasn't more roamers (but bulbapedia doesn't mention Enamorus).

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Yep. The last defined in ROAMING_SPECIES is above I guess.

Ok! Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks! I added to the thread. According to bulbapedia, there wasn't more roamers (but bulbapedia doesn't mention Enamorus).
Only Wikidex (Spanish Pokemon Wiki) counts Enamorus as a roamer as I have checked. Most languages are the same as Bulbapedia.

Back