• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v13+] Watch in the Pokégear Menu

Resource [v13+] Watch in the Pokégear Menu 1.1

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

Watch in the Pokégear Menu - Add a watch in the Pokégear menu.

gif.gif
screen.png

Add a watch in the Pokégear menu.

Tested on Essentials v13, v18.1 and v20.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Read more about this resource...

Taymation

Novice
I followed the instructions, and it came back with this error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
387:watch:71:in `refresh_date'
387:watch:51:in `pbUpdate'
286:UI_Pokegear:87:in `block in pbStartScene'
082:MessageConfig:665:in `block (2 levels) in pbFadeInAndShow'
082:MessageConfig:663:in `each'
082:MessageConfig:663:in `block in pbFadeInAndShow'
082:MessageConfig:685:in `block in pbDeactivateWindows'
082:MessageConfig:705:in `pbActivateWindow'
082:MessageConfig:685:in `pbDeactivateWindows'
082:MessageConfig:662:in `pbFadeInAndShow'

I do have a plugin that creates a day and night cycle that is in game, and not based on real time, don't know if that is what is messing with it or not.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I followed the instructions, and it came back with this error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
387:watch:71:in `refresh_date'
387:watch:51:in `pbUpdate'
286:UI_Pokegear:87:in `block in pbStartScene'
082:MessageConfig:665:in `block (2 levels) in pbFadeInAndShow'
082:MessageConfig:663:in `each'
082:MessageConfig:663:in `block in pbFadeInAndShow'
082:MessageConfig:685:in `block in pbDeactivateWindows'
082:MessageConfig:705:in `pbActivateWindow'
082:MessageConfig:685:in `pbDeactivateWindows'
082:MessageConfig:662:in `pbFadeInAndShow'
This script came with 3 instructions: Put above main/turn into plugin, ad the image and add a line. Looks like you didn't do the last one.

I do have a plugin that creates a day and night cycle that is in game, and not based on real time, don't know if that is what is messing with it or not.
Both are compatible. I updated the description to make clear.

Taymation

Novice
I added the line, but I guess not in the right spot. I put it above where you said... at least I thought, do you know what number line it should go in? right now i have it in 86

Taymation

Novice
Never mind, I found out what I did wrong. I copied the whole thing, including the ' at the begining and end. Removed those and it worked great. Thanks!

taynathon

professional lackey
hi, is there a way to separate the day from the time so that i can place them at separate areas in the pokegear?

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
hi, is there a way to separate the day from the time so that i can place them at separate areas in the pokegear?
In
Code:
    PokegearWatchBridge.drawTextPositions(@sprites["overlay"].bitmap, [[
      @date_string,Graphics.width/2,4,2,
      Color.new(72,72,72),Color.new(160,160,160)
    ]])
Change the ']])' to something like
Code:
    ],[
      pbGetTimeNow.strftime(.strftime('%m/%d/%Y')),Graphics.width/2+40,4,2,
    ]])

If you want another overlay script copy
Code:
    @sprites["watch"] = IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
    @sprites["watch"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Pokegear/watch")
    @sprites["watch"].x = (Graphics.width - @sprites["watch"].bitmap.width)/2
Changing "watch" to other string.

taynathon

professional lackey
idk why yours wasnt working but i tweaked it to this to get it to work, maybe cos im running on v18.1? idk

Code:
],[
      (pbGetTimeNow.strftime('%m/%d/%Y')),Graphics.width/2+40,4,2,
    ]])

RayVee

Rookie
I use pokegear themes plugin, the time in the pokegear does not refresh it just freezes then resumes when u leave the pokegear menu.
EDIT
Nvm, the unreal time script is the reason why the time freezes in the pokegear, found the solution, but I can't turn off seconds and weekdays by changing from true to false dunno why...
I think is because I use ver 21

Last edited:

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I use pokegear themes plugin, the time in the pokegear does not refresh it just freezes then resumes when u leave the pokegear menu.
EDIT
Nvm, the unreal time script is the reason why the time freezes in the pokegear, found the solution, but I can't turn off seconds and weekdays by changing from true to false dunno why...
I think is because I use ver 21
I tested right now in v21.1 and seconds are refreshing, both with Unreal Time and without. Also, the seconds and weekly day worked as intended. I believe that is something that you (or another script) change, but I don't see a reason to pokegear themes change weekdays settings.

LinKazamine

Champion
I tested right now in v21.1 and seconds are refreshing, both with Unreal Time and without. Also, the seconds and weekly day worked as intended. I believe that is something that you (or another script) change, but I don't see a reason to pokegear themes change weekdays settings.
Ah, I think I know. I copied the code scene for the watch background so it can change with the theme and it overwrites the configuration on your plugin, I think. I completely forgot I did that, to be honest. I'll post an update when I fix it.

RayVee

Rookie
the time is indeed refreshing because I changed TIME_STOPS from true to false (Unreal Time Script), it used to freeze the time when u open menus and the pokegear.
However if u see the screenshots Seconds and Weekdays are turned off but they are still visible in game. I'll try and see how I can fix it.

Attachments

• ss1.PNG
    ss1.PNG
    364.6 KB · Views: 1
  • ss2.PNG
    ss2.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1

LinKazamine

Champion
the time is indeed refreshing because I changed TIME_STOPS from true to false (Unreal Time Script), it used to freeze the time when u open menus and the pokegear.
However if u see the screenshots Seconds and Weekdays are turned off but they are still visible in game. I'll try and see how I can fix it.
If you are using my plugin, I updated it earlier to fix this issue.

Back