• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Reincarnation v.1.0.0

systeromen_

Novice
thatonekriegerwriter submitted a new resource:

Reincarnation - Reincarnation - An Alternative To Breeding

Reincarnation

This plugin is a port of the Reincarnation System from Touhou Puppet Dance Performance - Shard of Dreams.

A In-depth example of how the script functions can be found in this video by @DerxwnaKapsyla, whom also commissioned this plugin.

In a Summary, Reincarnation is an alternative to breeding that will change a given Pokemon, and greater control of the given Pokemon produced, you can control it's Nature...

Read more about this resource...

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
As was mentioned in the description, this resource is based off of the Reincarnation system from Gensou Ningyou Enbu/Touhou Puppet Dance Performance! A tutorial video of it in action can be seen here. Most of what's explained in the video is still relevant to the resource- save for the difference between Marks. TPDP had only 5 natures, as they only boosted stats instead of also lowering. To get around this, we introduced a new field to determine the bane of a nature- the lowered stat.

Something to note is that this system, while it serves as a breeding alternative, does not handle Egg Move distribution. Going forward, none of my games were going to be using Egg Moves, so I didn't think to have support here- especially since the original system didn't.

LuckyBunny

The Chonky Bunny
Quick question as I tried to figure it out, but haven't been able to:

How do I actually use the reincarnation system? I've seen how it works in the videos and stuff, but...what script thing do I use to activate it? I haven't seen that anywhere and I wanna use the system in my project if possible so that my alternate reality has a neat mechanic like this. Help would be appreciated!

systeromen_

Novice
Quick question as I tried to figure it out, but haven't been able to:

How do I actually use the reincarnation system? I've seen how it works in the videos and stuff, but...what script thing do I use to activate it? I haven't seen that anywhere and I wanna use the system in my project if possible so that my alternate reality has a neat mechanic like this. Help would be appreciated!
Yeah, I knew I was forgetting something when I wrote this.

Call Reincarnate.reincarnationWindow in an event, I added it to the main page.

LuckyBunny

The Chonky Bunny
Yeah, I knew I was forgetting something when I wrote this.

Call Reincarnate.reincarnationWindow in an event, I added it to the main page.
Hey, you may have forgotten it, but at least you had the smarts to add to the main page after being reminded, haha. Better support than a lot of others I see around the majority of the web. Keep up the good work bud, and thank for the help!

systeromen_

Novice
I also made the script for my personal use, and updated Nuzlocke-X for myself, but I sincerely doubt it it is up to Lukas snuff.

Back