• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Mr. Gela's Dialogue Portraits and Name Windows for V20.1

Resource Mr. Gela's Dialogue Portraits and Name Windows for V20.1 1.0

deoxysacid

Novice
battlelegendblue submitted a new resource:

Mr. Gela's Dialogue Portraits and Name Windows for V20.1 - Dialogue Portraits for V20.1

Exactly what the title says. Mr. Gela's dialogue portraits but for V20.1. The updated script that AenaonDogsky created works in V20, though it causes crashes when inputting text and in some other areas. This script should fix that. This is my first script edit so please feel free to report bugs or crashes! Please follow this tutorial for instructions on how to use and modify the script (you don't need to follow the...

Read more about this resource...

DJChaos

Rookie
Does this work with the sample presets that were added to Mr. Gela's original script? Specifically \xna and \xnb, which change the color of the text in name windows to red and blue respectively?

deoxysacid

Novice
Does this work with the sample presets that were added to Mr. Gela's original script? Specifically \xna and \xnb, which change the color of the text in name windows to red and blue respectively?
I haven't tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't!

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
My port of Gela's namewindows for the facewindows script to 18, which battlelegend in turn ported to 20, might not necessarily support that. It is a combination of snippets from Namewindows and facewindows. It has very basic namebox functionality. Regardless, try it out and see.

charific

Rookie
Hello, I really appreciate you porting the script to v20. It's been a huge life saver for me. I was wondering if you could help me with an issue. I use Easy Text Skip, and it's been updated to support Name boxes but there is an issue with character portraits. The graphic appears for a few seconds and then disappears. I was wondering if you knew a fix for it? I've gone through the code and tried fixing it with no luck. I figure it's something small that I'm just missing. Thanks in advance.

thebigguy270

Trainer
I'm sorry, but I have issues finding that nmbx windowskin. Anybody got a link for it?

Last edited:

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
I'm sorry, but I have issues finding that nmbx windowskin. Anybody got a link for it?
just name the windowskin you want to nmbx. I don't know if it is included as "nmbx" in this updated resource, I originally named it like that for my port

Aank

Rookie
For some reason the portrait is displayed above the text box
1669388955609.png

French Pokéfan

Rookie
Hello is this script working in 21.1? I replace the "messages" script by this one, but don't download "animated battlers" cause i just want the name windows capacity. That doesn't work, maybe i missed something?

xbatman0903x

Novice
ok I managed to port this script to 21.1 and it works, apart from it soft locking when I save the game, is there any advice to help get around this?

TheLuiz

The Mysterious Stranger
any chance of a port of this plugin to the latest version?

Back