• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Loyalty Mechanics v1.0.0

systeromen_

Novice
thatonekriegerwriter submitted a new resource:

Loyalty Mechanics - A Loyalty System for Pokemon Essentials

Description:

Loyalty is a Mechanic which controls if a Pokemon will obey in combat or not(This can be toggled). A Pokemon with Low Loyalty may be more likely to disobey. This is paired with Happiness to make variable times when your Pokemon may disobey in combat.

A Secondary Function added by this script (which can also be toggled) is Nature Based Loyalty and Happiness changes. You could have a Modest Pokemon that when eating something like a Bitter Plant, might like...

Read more about this resource...

Taymation

Novice
Is there anyway to have Loyalty and Happiness show up in a pokemon's summary page?

systeromen_

Novice
Is there anyway to have Loyalty and Happiness show up in a pokemon's summary page?
It is possible to do, I have done it myself for my game, its just hard to find a place for it without making a new page, or replacing an old one, like Ribbons. Essentials does not reveal happiness by default, so I followed suit.

If I have time today, I'll try to push an update that has it as an option.

Last edited:

Taymation

Novice
It is possible to do, I have done it myself for my game, its just hard to find a place for it without making a new page, or replacing an old one, like Ribbons. Essentials does not reveal happiness by default, so I followed suit.

If I have time today, I'll try to push an update that has it as an option.
That would be awesome! Appreciate it!

charific

Rookie
Hey thanks for putting in so much work into making this script! It's just what I've been looking for. I was wondering if there was a way to use level caps instead of badge levels for determining disobedience? I figured I just had to swap out the badgeLevel part in the script but I wanted to be sure.

systeromen_

Novice
Hey thanks for putting in so much work into making this script! It's just what I've been looking for. I was wondering if there was a way to use level caps instead of badge levels for determining disobedience? I figured I just had to swap out the badgeLevel part in the script but I wanted to be sure.
You don't even really need to touch the badgeLevel stuff, what you could do is set conditions to return pbDisobey like I did under specific conditions, so

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
return pbDisobey(choice, badgeLevel) if @pokemon.level >=15 && @pokemon.level <=20 && r <= 50

and then have corresponding things in pbDisobey if you want specific text for it.

charific

Rookie
You don't even really need to touch the badgeLevel stuff, what you could do is set conditions to return pbDisobey like I did under specific conditions, so

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
return pbDisobey(choice, badgeLevel) if @pokemon.level >=15 && @pokemon.level <=20 && r <= 50

and then have corresponding things in pbDisobey if you want specific text for it.
Thanks I think I get what you mean. Based on the code you wrote if I just omitted the r<=50 the pokemon would always be disobedient if it was greater than a certain level cap right?

Terra

Novice
are cases like "damaged", "didDamage", and "FollowerPkmn" set up to actually work? or are only the default ones functional?

Back