• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Graphic Debating typing on a regional Varient - back from the dead of hiatus.

This thread's author wants feedback on a sprite or other graphical art. Be constructive.

Willow Hallowes

Novice
Ok so I have this regional varient of Phantump that will evolve into a Cypt TV Monster pokemon - “The Birch” mainly - HOWEVER i don’t know what the typing should be because i know the typings change depending on varient however i do know that i want this to be part dark type however the other typing is debatable because i honestly don’t know what would work well with it.

Key Information: They have to be female to evolve into it’s evolution!!

Both Pokemon will be shown below:

ED92EF9E-4979-48E5-B1C2-616D0CD9F0B3.jpeg
64B4238F-3AEE-455F-84B4-DC006C9ABE17.jpeg

Upvote 0

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
The gray palette makes me thing something like Ghost, though that's probably pretty obvious and boring. Though, Pokémon has had weird typing choices in the past (Alolan Sandshrew being steel or half the dark types in general), so depending on it's moveset, it could be anything really. Phantump is grass and ghost type already so if we really wanted to change it up, maybe Dark/Ground, so it still ties into being a tree?

Willow Hallowes

Novice
The gray palette makes me thing something like Ghost, though that's probably pretty obvious and boring. Though, Pokémon has had weird typing choices in the past (Alolan Sandshrew being steel or half the dark types in general), so depending on it's moveset, it could be anything really. Phantump is grass and ghost type already so if we really wanted to change it up, maybe Dark/Ground, so it still ties into being a tree?
That actually works well!! It also helps to know that the birch doesn't exactly move like walk as its stuck in one position!! Thanks for the help!! I would also like to say i don’t have a name for the evolution yet so i need help with that too.

Back