• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released POKEMON ANGELITE DEMO 1.0

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
DEMO 1.0 DOWNLOAD AT BOTTOM
KgmAGAb.png
REDITS

LOTS OF CREDITS

POKEMON FOLLOW SCRIPTS:
mej71
venom12
help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty

TILES:

DEVIANTART
-Phyromatical, Dante19. Zetavares852 and Kyle-Dove [CERTAIN UNIQUE TREES AND ROCKS, ETC.]
-ChaoticCherryCake , for contributing and compiling the main building set im using
CREDITS ALSO GO TO:
-peekychew for great houses!
Kyle-Dove, Heavy-Metal-Lover, WesleyFG, Dewitty, Zetavares852, XDinky,, Newtiteuf ,Alucus, Erma96, Hydrargirium, Poison-Master ,Thedeadheroalistair ,Shutwig ,Asdsimone ,Xxdevil ,Steinnaples ,Hek-el-grande ,sylver1984 ,NikNak93 ,TeaAddiction ,Cuddlesthefatcat ,Magiscarf ,Gigatom,The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake

ULTIMATE BW PACK:
P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

SailorVicious
LotusKing
TILESET2
chimcharsfireworks, kyomotonian, Rverah-duh, speedlialga ,alucus ,pokemon-diamond, kizemaru-Kurunosuke ,danerdydude, KageNoSensei, klnothincomin, anutter ,EpicDay ,Thurpuk ,UltimoSpriter
ForeverXShoddybattle, renekokkie,Evolina, iametrine
TyranitarDark
PublicOutdoor Tileset by Dawn-Bronze and
-Kyle-Dove -Dewitty -ThunderDove -UltimoSpriter-WesleyFG-Magiscarf-Peekychew-Zeo254-LogiedanT-
-Gigatom-Heavy-Metal-Lover-Lightbulb15-DonLawride-0NegaXFMP0-Tratas
Marcosik1992**

NEW TILESET IM USING

07harris/Paranoid
-19dante91-27alexmad27-874521-Alistair-Alucus-Alucus-Atomika-Bakura155-Blue Beedrill-Boomxbig
-Bulbapedia and Bulbaforums-chimcharsfireworkd-Chio-CNickC/CNC-Dewitty-Flood-Fused--G-oldeN
-help14-Jesse TBPro-lordindy-Kizemaru_Kurunosuke-klnothincomin-Kuroda-Taiki-Kymotonian-Newtiteuf-Novus-Pokemon_Diamond-PrinceLegendario-Reck-Red-Gyrados
-REMY35
-RHN-S-aurav-Scarexshivaking-Seiyouh-SL249-spaceemotion-spypoke megafc-ThePokemonChronicles
-WesleyFG

pixelmister

(I REALIZE THERE ARE MANY DOUBLE NAMES, WILL FIX IN GAME CREDITS)

POKEMON ESSENTIALS CREATORS:

Maruno
Flameguru
Poccil

***Deo's Custom Day & Night Tones for Essentials
MORE SCREENSHOTS

B4xoT9k.jpg

4m8Mr4b.jpg

iUXyU3d.jpg

anything that is left at 1x1 pixels will be edited out later on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEMO 1.0 DOWNLOAD LINK: [aprx. 2 1/2 HRS GAMEPLAY]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1z9d5N-uBCqSXRBZ3F5R202cWM

download instructions: download the folder and open game.exe to start playing.

1.the thugs at the end will not disapear after you fight them
2.the bridge at the end, like mentioned above, with all other things that are 2x2 pixels, will be edited later on the meet the 1x1 criteria.

Thankyou for playing and please critic and let me know if you enjoyed it!

...or, if you didnt! lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 561

Just some tips and feedback from me:
1. Your trees are looking way too small. They need to be resized by 2.
2. I feel like on some of your maps you can literally go through the tree line. You'd want to fill that up so that the player doesn't see black bars.

Other than that the story seems fine, and I am excited to see what's next on this project!

Fohlen

Reworking my game life
I have some minor problems with the inconsistency in the overworlds, you're using BW style ones with HGSS style ones, followed by small trees, the trees are wayyy too small. Just some tidbits. Overall not bad.

doof

banished doof
As others have stated, it looks like the game's all over the place graphically. Such as the tiles: it looks like there's a mix between tiles that have been up-scaled properly, tiles that aren't upscaled, and tiles that look like default RMXP tiles.

Personally, I would recommend finding which style you want to stick with - Gen III, Gen IV, Gen V, or custom if you want to take that route - and stick with it. Otherwise the inconsistency is going to be really eye-catching, which isn't a good thing. I found myself looking at the inconsistencies with the graphics moreso than what the screenshot was actually showing.

MavenDraxxen

Rookie
I have some minor problems with the inconsistency in the overworlds, you're using BW style ones with HGSS style ones, followed by small trees, the trees are wayyy too small. Just some tidbits. Overall not bad.
Yes I shall resize the trees definitely. Later on I am going to edit out all the npc's in general, so that they will then appear to be as the HGSS style. Thankyou for the feedback!------------------------
Just some tips and feedback from me:
1. Your trees are looking way too small. They need to be resized by 2.
2. I feel like on some of your maps you can literally go through the tree line. You'd want to fill that up so that the player doesn't see black bars.

Other than that the story seems fine, and I am excited to see what's next on this project!

I will definitely look into resizing the trees asap, but I do have one question.
What do you mean by going through the treeline and seeing black bars? Do you mean how the player has a pixel density of 2, while the tree has 1?

Thankyou very much for the feedback I do appreciate it and am trying to make as great an experience as I can in the game.------------------------
As others have stated, it looks like the game's all over the place graphically. Such as the tiles: it looks like there's a mix between tiles that have been up-scaled properly, tiles that aren't upscaled, and tiles that look like default RMXP tiles.

Personally, I would recommend finding which style you want to stick with - Gen III, Gen IV, Gen V, or custom if you want to take that route - and stick with it. Otherwise the inconsistency is going to be really eye-catching, which isn't a good thing. I found myself looking at the inconsistencies with the graphics moreso than what the screenshot was actually showing.

Thankyou for this I needed it. Im going to try and completely replace all the original rpgxp tiles or edit them to have a smaller pixel density, such as in the fences for example, to match with the higher pixeled homes and trees.

As I stated to another user, Im also going to be changing all the NPC's to the HGSS style later on in development, so that they will match the ones that I have edited below. Plus I think that will add to the games overall uniqueness.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

What do you mean by going through the treeline and seeing black bars? Do you mean how the player has a pixel density of 2, while the tree has 1?
When you get to the end of a map, the game will display black space beyond the border. Outdoor maps have trees at the edges that keep the player from getting close enough to see the black, so it looks like the grass and trees go on forever, even though it's an enclosed map.

MavenDraxxen

Rookie
When you get to the end of a map, the game will display black space beyond the border. Outdoor maps have trees at the edges that keep the player from getting close enough to see the black, so it looks like the grass and trees go on forever, even though it's an enclosed map.
Yes I actually had this problem before. Thanks again for the reply. ( I didnt realize how big the outsides really needed to be, heh.)

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Don't mind me, just popping in to give props for calling your version "angelite"--underappreciated/obscure gemstones yeeeah!

MavenDraxxen

Rookie
Don't mind me, just popping in to give props for calling your version "angelite"--underappreciated/obscure gemstones yeeeah!
Thankyou :D

MavenDraxxen

Rookie
demo update bump!

Back