• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource SOS Battles None

systeromen_

Novice
thatonekriegerwriter submitted a new resource:

SOS Battles - The Wild Pokémon called for help!

This is an updated version of the updated script (Updated by SoloReprise) and Originally Created by Vendily.

More details can be found ( https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/444/ ) here.

but there are some key differences between this version and the older.

You can now choose how the script functions, by either enabling or disabling the "WHITELIST" Setting in the script.

When the Whitelist is true, it will function as it did originally, with "SOS_CALL_RATES" being renamed to...

Read more about this resource...

Excuse me but I can't get this plugin to work. No pokemon calls for help. I tried adding pokemon to the whitelist and also setting the whitelist to false. In both cases no pokemon called for help. I used a fresh copy of essentials 20.1 with gen 8 project and 20.1 hotfixes installed.
EDIT: I have also used pokemon with intimidate and holding an adrenaline orb. The wild pokemon don't call for help.

Last edited:

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
New download link is messed up, it takes you to a github 404 page. This is the same with your Wild Held Item Drops plugin, too.

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
1664762220595.png

I think I did something horribly wrong, I have no idea how to use the whitelist. I tried
SOS_WHITELIST_RATES={
:BULBASAUR=>[:BULBASAUR,:BULBASAUR,:BULBASAUR,:IVYSAUR,:IVYSAUR,:VENUSAUR]}
but I know I did something wrong or didnt understand how I was supposed to do it

systeromen_

Novice
Ahh, that should be in SOS_CALL_MONs, thats the mons it can call, the Rates is for the likelyhood the Pokemon WILL call what is in CALL_MONs, IE

SOS_WHITELIST_RATES={:SPEAROW=>25}

Meaning there is a 25% Chance for Spearows to call for help.

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
I'm having an issue where no matter what, Pokémon always call for help and rarely fail, usually putting me in a situation where I just keep killing the Pokémon it spawned in one hit only for another one to spawn. I've tried different numbers for the call rate, but it just refuses to not call unless it already has an ally.

systeromen_

Novice
I can see what it is! Its my fault, I forgot to revert something back when I was testing for an earlier issue.

I am going to update it, but in this case, since you have made script edits,

On line 234, change

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
      rate*=3 if self.hp>(self.totalhp/4) && self.hp<=(self.totalhp/2)
      rate*=5 if self.hp<=(self.totalhp/4)
      rate*=2 if @battle.adrenalineorb
      return true

to

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
      rate*=3 if self.hp>(self.totalhp/4) && self.hp<=(self.totalhp/2)
      rate*=5 if self.hp<=(self.totalhp/4)
      rate*=2 if @battle.adrenalineorb
      return @battle.pbRandom(100)<rate

I am truly Queen of Bad Coding Habits, I am so sorry!

Back