• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v13+] Set the Time

Resource [v13+] Set the Time 1.0.1

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

Set the Time - Stop the time and/or manually set the current time..

gif.gif
It allows to stop the time and/or manually set the current time.

Tested on Essentials v13 and v20.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Read more about this resource...

InkDrop

Rookie
The problem I encountered might have been my fault, but I wanted to share just in case anyone else runs into this.

I pasted the script above "Main" like directed and then went to test it in my game. The game window opened, along with the Output Window, like normal but almost immediately after it closed itself (no error message appeared). I tried again to make sure I hadn't hit something on my keyboard but it happened again. Once I removed the script from my game it opened like normal. (I have since added and removed the script several times to make sure this is a consist problem and so far it seems to be.)

I'm using v20.1 and besides having the Hotfix plugin (version 1.0.3) and Unreal Time script installed this project is untouched. I haven't tried this script in a brand new project so I don't know yet if it works or if whatever is causing the conflict is in base Essentials. I hope this helps if anyone else is having this problem, but more so I hope I'm a weird outlier, since this script looks pretty cool.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
does this works too on v19.1?
I don't know, but scripts that I tested on v13 and most recent version generally have 90% (or more) of working on all between versions.

The problem I encountered might have been my fault, but I wanted to share just in case anyone else runs into this.

I pasted the script above "Main" like directed and then went to test it in my game. The game window opened, along with the Output Window, like normal but almost immediately after it closed itself (no error message appeared). I tried again to make sure I hadn't hit something on my keyboard but it happened again. Once I removed the script from my game it opened like normal. (I have since added and removed the script several times to make sure this is a consist problem and so far it seems to be.)

I'm using v20.1 and besides having the Hotfix plugin (version 1.0.3) and Unreal Time script installed this project is untouched. I haven't tried this script in a brand new project so I don't know yet if it works or if whatever is causing the conflict is in base Essentials. I hope this helps if anyone else is having this problem, but more so I hope I'm a weird outlier, since this script looks pretty cool.
This script is incompatible with Unreal Time (look attachment. This error should show up).

Do you want to use them together to set the initial day/month/year on Unreal Time? If so, I can make a prompt in the Unreal Time.

Attachments

• Set the Time Error.png
    Set the Time Error.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 90

InkDrop

Rookie
This script is incompatible with Unreal Time (look attachment. This error should show up).

Do you want to use them together to set the initial day/month/year on Unreal Time? If so, I can make a prompt in the Unreal Time.
Thanks for replying! It wasn't to set the initial day/month/year, it was to advance time at will (to mimic sleeping). I've used your Unreal Time script before but it's been awhile so I'd forgotten how to do that and when I saw this script I thought it'd be great to use instead! Since it didn't work I dug up an old project to relearn what I'd forgotten lol. Thanks again for getting back to me, even though this was a problem I caused myself!

phantombass

Cooltrainer
This only updates event tone on v18.1. I've put it in an item and in a script and the overworld does not change tone until I change maps.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Do you mean that the tone instant update doesn't work on versions other than v18.1, right? What is your Essentials version?
I was trying to get the tone to update in v18.1. But I think I figured out the issue and unfortunately it has to do with the fact that it requires the tileset to change instead of the tone.

I'm using the GSC essentials for v18.1, and it changes the tileset depending on the time and I was trying to get the time change to show instantly in the overworld, but I think it needs to update the tileset instead of just the tone. Do you think you can help figure that out?

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I was trying to get the tone to update in v18.1. But I think I figured out the issue and unfortunately it has to do with the fact that it requires the tileset to change instead of the tone.

I'm using the GSC essentials for v18.1, and it changes the tileset depending on the time and I was trying to get the time change to show instantly in the overworld, but I think it needs to update the tileset instead of just the tone. Do you think you can help figure that out?
I don't know how the tile update works in GSC essentials, or if there is a method to update it.

Maybe this works: Call 'updateTilesets' after the time change.

DKEugene

Rookie
I have a question, and you may have answered it but how would I advance time with this script? for example I would like time to frozen but every time you do a event or something time goes forward an hour or so. Sorry for any inconvenience I am quite new to Pokémon essentials v20.1 and I am currently making this for my friend.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I have a question, and you may have answered it but how would I advance time with this script? for example I would like time to frozen but every time you do a event or something time goes forward an hour or so. Sorry for any inconvenience I am quite new to Pokémon essentials v20.1 and I am currently making this for my friend.
No problem! Some script command examples:

Code:
SetTime.set(pbGetTimeNow+1)
Go one second forward.

Code:
SetTime.set(pbGetTimeNow+60*60)
Go one hour forward.

Back