• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource HM Catalogue 1.1

phantombass

Cooltrainer
phantombass submitted a new resource:

HM Catalogue - Use HMs from the field without needing items!

This is meant to somewhat mimic the HM app in the BDSP Pokétch.

You will need to create an :HMCATALOGUE item, then when you wish to give the player the item, simply use give_hm_catalogue.

To grant access to an HM move (let's use Rock Smash as an example), simply use HM_Catalogue.rock_smash = true.

Also make sure that if you have a Terrain Tag 19 already assigned, either change it in this script (it is where Rock Climb is assigned) or change yours to ensure no conflicts.

Read more about this resource...

Ignitus

Charizard X trainer
You done it again another excellent plugin!

SirWeibrot

Novice
View attachment 14455

Hello! I got this crash when attempting to load your plugin.
I managed to fix it (or at least it isn't crashing when starting the game, i haven't tested if everything works properly)

Go into your Plugins>HM Catalogue Folder and open the Main_script

Scroll all the way down to line 842 and replace all of

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
module GameData
  class TerrainTag
    attr_reader :rock_climb
    @rock_climb             = hash[:rock_climb]             || false
  end
end

with

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
module GameData
  class TerrainTag
    attr_reader :rock_climb

alias oldinitialize initialize
    def initialize(hash)
      oldinitialize(hash)
      @rock_climb        = hash[:rock_climb]         || false
    end

end
end

Geoswag

Novice
If I give the player access to a HM move using HM_Catalogue.rock_smash = true for example, then save and reload the game, it forgets that it's been assigned to the player. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:

phantombass

Cooltrainer
If I give the player access to a HM move using HM_Catalogue.rock_smash = true for example, then save and reload the game, it forgets that it's been assigned to the player. Is there any way to fix this?
I'll have an update out for this soon

CoderFreddy

Novice
Will this be updated for v21.1? I tested it and it apparently doesn't work that correctly.

Willix

Novice
Hey, this is such a nice feature and I really want to have this in my game, will you release the v21.1 version soon? Also, may I ask you to consider including other out of battle moves that are not HMs, such as Dig or Teleport? I think it would be nice to have the opportunity to get them inside the catalogue.

phantombass

Cooltrainer
Hey, this is such a nice feature and I really want to have this in my game, will you release the v21.1 version soon? Also, may I ask you to consider including other out of battle moves that are not HMs, such as Dig or Teleport? I think it would be nice to have the opportunity to get them inside the catalogue.
I'll be working on this a little later but yes I can look into adding those to this :]

Back