• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v13+] Pokémon Selection

Resource [v13+] Pokémon Selection 1.3.3

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

Pokémon Selection - Selection system similar to Stadium/Battle Tower.

gif.gif
screen.png

Pokémon selection system similar to Stadium/Battle Tower, where you can choose a certain number and order of pokémon.

Tested on Essentials v17.2, v18.1, v19.1, v20 and v20.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Read more about this resource...

Shubham

Rookie
Thank you bro. I have been searching for this script after playing Pokemon fire ash And also other two scripts you have posted Are also pretty good as well

Alanshor

Novice
Hey, thanks for your work. But all i can change is the min. and max. everything else is ignored. If i cancel, the Script put me Back in the Selection menue. And i cant change the Rules. I tryed it with your examples, but nop...
I use 20.1 with the Hotfix-Plugin.

Edit: i changed in the Script Line 111 " @canCancel = false" -> " @canCancel = true" and now i can cancel the Selection.

Alanshor

Novice
Did the examples worked? Post here your code call.
Okay, it was my bad. Because i cant just use the script-command and put the rules in (its to big and i get an Error) i used the Script-Section over Main and just called my own function the ne Rules. But the variable "pr" got lost in the next but one Command (@>Conditional Branch: Script: PokemonSelection.choose(pr)) Thats why nothing changed. The next command was the "PokemonSelection.hasValidTeam(PokemonSelection::Parameters.new.setMinPokemon(2).setMaxPokemon(2).setCanCancel(true))"-Conditional Branch.

Now i can use your script without a problem. Sorry for the wrong bug report.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Awesome work as usual FL.
A playtester encountered a bug with this.
When at the selection screen, you can press down to cycle through all pokemon, through the cancel option, and the confirm option. It loops around.
However, when you press up to do the same thing, you cannot go up once you over hovering over cancel. So going from cancel up to confirm does not work.

I narrowed it down to the official Misc. Bug Fixes patch for Essentials in v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7
If I remove the Misc. Bug Fixes script, it works as intended.
I don't know if this is an issue with the bug fix hotfix or with your script.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Awesome work as usual FL.
A playtester encountered a bug with this.
When at the selection screen, you can press down to cycle through all pokemon, through the cancel option, and the confirm option. It loops around.
However, when you press up to do the same thing, you cannot go up once you over hovering over cancel. So going from cancel up to confirm does not work.

I narrowed it down to the official Misc. Bug Fixes patch for Essentials in v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7
If I remove the Misc. Bug Fixes script, it works as intended.
I don't know if this is an issue with the bug fix hotfix or with your script.
This is an hotfix/Essentials issue, since it happens without my script on places like Battle Tower.

I submitted a fix to Maruno.

Uncle_batty

Rookie
Hi just got this script today and it works in my game as i want it to just wondering how do i credit like what name/s do i put? thank you very good script

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Can you tell me more? Showing your event code also help me to understand the issue.
I forget to add PokemonSelection.restore afterwards so there are only selected pokemon in my team after battle event.

Luck1973

Novice
I tested it on 21.1 and it seems to be working well, there's just one problem: you have to be careful when putting together the events, because if the player doesn't meet any requirements, such as not having the right number of Pokémon in the party or in case of restrictions on Like, the script ends up crashing, so scripts are needed beforehand to check the player's conditions to avoid crashes.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
I tested it on 21.1 and it seems to be working well, there's just one problem: you have to be careful when putting together the events, because if the player doesn't meet any requirements, such as not having the right number of Pokémon in the party or in case of restrictions on Like, the script ends up crashing, so scripts are needed beforehand to check the player's conditions to avoid crashes.
Thanks for the info! And yes, the third and last paragraph in instructions is about 'hasValidTeam' that should be called to avoid the error.

Luck1973

Novice
Thanks for the info! And yes, the third and last paragraph in instructions is about 'hasValidTeam' that should be called to avoid the error.
Oh, i didnt pay attention or read too fast and didnt saw it, thank ya my man

Back