• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource D-Cipher minigame script 1.0

Adel's Brother

Novice
Adel's Brother submitted a new resource:

D-Cipher minigame script - A script and event that simulates the player hacking a passcode.

This is a short script made by FL for use in "The Plan's Simple" as part of Summer Jam #8.
If you don't want to download everything else in the resource pack, you are in the right place.

Paste this script above Main (I put it in the minigames section):

Script:
def print_guesses_from_var(password_var, guess_var)...

Read more about this resource...

Astralneko

Novice
One easy improvement is to change print_guesses_from_var to this:
Allow developer to use any length of password:
def print_guesses_from_var(password_var, guess_var, length)
  pbMessage(get_guesses(pbGet(password_var),pbGet(guess_var),length))
end
Then simply generate a random number between 0 and (10^digits)-1, instead of specifically 0000-9999.

I'm gonna work on seeing if I can make it so the passcode can use any radix, or at least radices of 2 (binary), 6 (the base a fictional civilization in my game had used), 10 (already supported), 16 (hexadecimal is fun), and 36 (to use every letter). I'll probably have to rewrite the code so that the majority of it is within the script itself to do that lol.

Back