• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Better Move Tutor

Resource Better Move Tutor 2.0

Sonicover

Trainer
Sonicover submitted a new resource:

Better Move Tutor - Makes the move tutor check for avalible moves in more places, so you dont have to!

Also known as "This dude is gonna make a whole script before pasting a single word in the pbs" because yes, thats why this script was born

I mean look at this

View attachment 11107
Toxapex LEARNS Recover at lvl 20, but the move tutor that i made that teaches Recover refuses to teach it the move, why? Because the move is no in the "TutorMoves" section of the pbs. And yeh, i could just copy and paste it there, but there are some other pokemon and moves that...

Read more about this resource...

LuckyBunny

The Chonky Bunny
Hello, I've had no problems with your script so far, but that's probably largely in part due to being unable to test it with my game. I was wondering if you might be able to explain how it all works? I am having quite a bit of trouble figuring it out.

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
"This dude is gonna make a whole script before pasting a single word in the PBS"
Hard mood, based af

Sonicover

Trainer
Hello, I've had no problems with your script so far, but that's probably largely in part due to being unable to test it with my game. I was wondering if you might be able to explain how it all works? I am having quite a bit of trouble figuring it out.
Sorry for the years late reply but my life was a mess. It's simply a QoL script, as I said in the example, move tutors now check on more places to see if they can teach a pokemon a move, not only in the "Move tutor" part. Toxapex for example CAN learn Recover because the move is in its "level up moves" part of the PBS, but if you make a move tutor that teaches "recover" and forget to add that specific move to toxapex's "move tutor" part of the pbs, toxapex will simply not be able to learn recover by that tutor. Even if it learns it by level up and then forgets it, the tutor will silmply not teach it.

And so I said "that is bs", and so the script now checks if the pokemon can learn the move in any place. Either by level up, by egg move or its a pre-evolution exclusive move, like Spore on Breelom. Basically the script just removes the need to copy and paste moves from the "Level Up", "Egg move" and chek for pre-evo moves in the "Move tutor" part. I was just 2 lazy to wait for a full compile every time lol

Again sorry for the super late reply, but still adding it in case anyone needs it

Sonicover

Trainer
Sonicover updated Better Move Tutor with a new update entry:

Simplified code for better compatibility and Move Master added

I've removed the extra folder with a modified vertion of Bag Screen with Interactable party since I've discovered what I needed to modify to make it universally compatible (I've hope) by modyfing
Ruby:
pkmn.compatible_with_move?
instead of adding several new ones that had to be added to all plugins that modify tm/hms or similar. I've grown wiser in this time.

Also added the Move Master to make all tutor and tm/hm moves be universally learnable (except by eggs and shadow pokemon)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back