• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Discussion Suggestions for pokemon ideas that i can draw for the sins and virtues like original ideas??

This thread is for discussion and opinions.

Willow Hallowes

Novice
ok so i’m considering like drawing pokemon based on seven deadly sins like original ones and not regional varients so if anyone has ideas please do (regions is based on a mix of Egypt,Asia and mostly Israel)

Last edited:

Astefia

Cooltrainer
I fell like Ultra Beasts are already a bit themed like this.
Buzzswole & Pheromosa - Lust.
Celesteela & Kartana - Wrath.
Guzzlord - Gluttony.
Nihilego - Sloth.
Poipole & Naganedel - Envy.
Stakataca - Greed.
Blacephalon & Xurkitree - Pride.

About the wholy original ones - don't be obvious like making another Lopunny for Lust. Try make not that at first, but deeply connected.
For example, Lust mon can be kind of prickly with sharp edges, and themed about grabbing things and mons with their arms and claws, and running quickly on long legs. or maybe go for "love is one heck of a drug" angle?
While Gluttony can look like a little girl, because children eat a lot and easily get food behaviour problems, and because of social traditions girls are more likely to feel guilty about it.

chatot04

Rookie
Guzzlord - Gluttony.
Nihilego - Sloth.
Stakataca - Greed.

About the wholy original ones - don't be obvious like making another Lopunny for Lust. Try make not that at first, but deeply connected.
For example, Lust mon can be kind of prickly with sharp edges, and themed about grabbing things and mons with their arms and claws, and running quickly on long legs. or maybe go for "love is one heck of a drug" angle?
While Gluttony can look like a little girl, because children eat a lot and easily get food behaviour problems, and because of social traditions girls are more likely to feel guilty about it.
Nihilego - Envy
Buzzwole - Pride
Pheromosa - Lust
Xurkitree - Greed
Kartana - Wrath
Celesteela - Sloth
Guzzlord - Gluttony

The other Ultra Beasts do not apply to the theme of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Nihilego - Envy
Buzzwole - Pride
Pheromosa - Lust
Xurkitree - Greed
Kartana - Wrath
Celesteela - Sloth
Guzzlord - Gluttony

The other Ultra Beasts do not apply to the theme of the Seven Deadly Sins.
How is Celesteela Sloth? Why is Xurkitree Greed?
I thought Nihilego is sloth because of the name origins.

chatot04

Rookie
How is Celesteela Sloth? Why is Xurkitree Greed?
I thought Nihilego is sloth because of the name origins.
Nihilego's name is literally Latin for "I am nothing" and it takes control of others.
Celesteela is large and slow.
Xurkitree steals electricity.

Willow Hallowes

Novice
And gre
Guzzlord - Gluttony.
Nihilego - Sloth.
Stakataca - Greed.

While Gluttony can look like a little girl, because children eat a lot and easily get food behaviour problems, and because of social traditions girls are more likely to feel guilty about it
Guzzlord - Gluttony.
Nihilego - Sloth.
Stakataca - Greed.

Greed could be a dragon pokemon i mean think about it Dragons are known for hoarding things and hoarding is basically stealing stuff (hence why i thought the greed city is most likely to be a well robbed place if that doesn't sound weird)

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Greed - dragon
Lust - Demon. Well, horny demons are a staple of things. or Mavkas - slavic forest spirits that look like pretty girls without a back.
Wrath - Minotaur. A raging monster that had to be imprisoned in a labyringth
Sloth - Sirens\Rusalkas, putting you to sleep
Gluttony - Vendigos, as they in the legends created from humans who turned to cannibalism
Pride - Gorgon or Centaur. Just seem to have character for that.
Envy - Poterchatas and Krykshas? Drawing a blank here.

Patience - Gargoyle.

Willow Hallowes

Novice
Greed - dragon
Lust - Demon. Well, horny demons are a staple of things. or Mavkas - slavic forest spirits that look like pretty girls without a back.
Wrath - Minotaur. A raging monster that had to be imprisoned in a labyringth
Sloth - Sirens\Rusalkas, putting you to sleep
Gluttony - Vendigos, as they in the legends created from humans who turned to cannibalism
Pride - Gorgon or Centaur. Just seem to have character for that.
Envy - Poterchatas and Krykshas? Drawing a blank here.

Patience - Gargoyle.
BRUH I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT GARGOYLES OF COURSE THEYRE PATIENCE - THEYRE FREAKING STATUES!!
also im literally gonna look up the other myths you mentioned here (ive done like a most of these but theyre sort made from other pokemon parts to create an original idea i admit but yeah)

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Scratch that - Lust is SATYRS.

As for virtues - Domovyatas? Slavic home spirits that invisibly to humans organised the house and protected it from other magic beings. Also centaurs, as they were described to be healers. Undead can, surpisingly, be Perseverance. Unicorns and pegasi. Sphinx.

I don't know about virtues, but griffins and manticores are freaking cool. Kelpies too.

Willow Hallowes

Novice
aah i getcha!!
thank you for all of this and the slavik legends which im now looking up btw do have some images of the legends you mentioned (granted slightly old designs sort of so)

Need to Name minotaur,satyr and Kelpie one tho

I’m also considering adding the slavik legends you mentioned too nkw

Attachments

• B8B272B3-C08F-4D44-BD1F-AA6BFB5E7CEA.png
    B8B272B3-C08F-4D44-BD1F-AA6BFB5E7CEA.png
    2 MB · Views: 93
  • 42A0E3DF-2A66-4788-A03D-92A3D83DBD49.png
    42A0E3DF-2A66-4788-A03D-92A3D83DBD49.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • D54B5165-90AC-4541-873F-30211FD11F01.png
    D54B5165-90AC-4541-873F-30211FD11F01.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • 3679D58C-8D24-4800-8561-F0EC0C865924.png
    3679D58C-8D24-4800-8561-F0EC0C865924.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
  • 8C3E307E-9A20-45B7-92C5-82D9ED8CB547.png
    8C3E307E-9A20-45B7-92C5-82D9ED8CB547.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • A6269F6F-EE1E-49E8-8822-D3C080971C0A.png
    A6269F6F-EE1E-49E8-8822-D3C080971C0A.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Willow Hallowes

Novice
aah i getcha!!
thank you for all of this and the slavik legends which im now looking up btw do have some images of the legends you mentioned (granted slightly old designs sort of so)
Oh yeah should note two new types - Sin and Virtue i know the cities are virtues in the heaven version but um we didnt know what else would be opposite of sin in a way so yeah:

Sin Type
  • Strong against virtue type
  • Resistant to dark and ghost
  • Weak to fairy
  • Immune to normal and fighting type
Virtue Type
  • Resistant to Fairy
  • Weak to dark and ghost
  • Strong against Sin
  • Immune to normal and fighting!!

Last edited:

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Oh yeah should note two new types - Sin and Virtue i know the cities are virtues in the heaven version but um we didnt know what else would be opposite of sin in a way so yeah:

Sin Type
  • Strong against virtue type
  • Resistant to dark and ghost
  • Weak to fairy
  • Immune to normal and fighting type
Virtue Type
  • Resistant to Fairy
  • Weak to dark and ghost
  • Strong against Sin
  • Immune to normal and fighting!!
I just feel like it will be hard to decide between Dark and Sin types for some mons.
And that these are overpowered.

aah i getcha!!

Need to Name minotaur,satyr and Kelpie one tho

I’m also considering adding the slavik legends you mentioned too nkw
the first one reminds me of Photoshop Flowey x)

Willow Hallowes

Novice
the first one reminds me of Photoshop Flowey x)
IM GONNA REDRAW IT - i wanted it to be based on gorgons mostly medusa sort of TnT

I just feel like it will be hard to decide between Dark and Sin types for some mons.
And that these are overpowered.
I FIXED IT!!

Sin type

Strong against virtue type
Resistant to dark and ghost
Weak to fairy

Virtue Type

Resistant to Fairy
Weak to dark and ghost
Strong against Sin

This better??

Back