• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon Hunter Frontier

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
title.png

Intro
Pokémon Hunter Frontier's aim is to bring the flourishing and thriving world of Monster Hunter to life in a new and exciting way. The player will be able to traverse the world map of the acclaimed Capcom franchise and capturing the monsters that inhabit it. Based on Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 2, Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Monster Hunter Tri, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Monster Hunter 4 and Monster Hunter Generations, it offers a unique take on the concept of fangame by revisiting these two franchises in a retro-styled way, reminiscent of second generation pokemon games (Gold, Silver, Crystal).

Plot
The player starts their adventure by finding a strange idol in route 29, which sucks them away in a black hole of goo, teleporting them to an unknown place.
Where did they land? Is this place safe? Are they the first to step foot in here? As they move along they will discover a wonderful world full of new species to encounter and places to explore, while a looming shadow dangerously wait in the dark for the moment to strike.
Without a pokémon to protect them and stranded in a stranger land, they will have to forge new alliances with the people they will found along their journey to find a way home.

Features
  • 160+ different monsters, each one with their own unique abilities, different forms and evolution paths.
  • New system replacing the HM progression.
  • Complete overwrite of the gyms and gym leaders system, focusing on a new approach to game progression.
  • Characters from both the pokémon and monster hunter franchise.
  • Simple and intuitive crafting and questing system and interface.
  • 50+ new moves, inspired by the creature from the Monster Hunter games.
  • Complex and enticing world building and lore, faithful to both franchises.
  • Lots of end game content, including dungeons and very difficult boss battles, coupled with various activities such as daily monsters and a battle tower.
Screenshots

Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (15).png

Current Team:

• Me
  • ぱうえる (spriter)
Social

Discord: https://discord.gg/C745dPJE
ぱうえる's links:

Credits

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Golisopod User<s>Rataime
help-14<s>Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!
Monster Hunter and the Monster Hunter franchise belongs to Capcom, please support the official release.
Special thanks to: FL for the Unreal Time System script, Vendily for the Pokémon Outbreaks, Damage Scaling, ThatWelshOne_,mej71,derFischae,Marin for the Modern Quest System + UI script, Moyo, Marin for the Advanced HM Items script, Ulithium_Dragon, bo4p5687 for the Battle-Worn Opponents script, Boonzeet for the Boon's Phenomena and Item Find script, bo4p5687 for the Check stats in battle and Rotation battle script, ThatWelshOne_ for the Item Crafting UI and Type Match-up UI script, mej71 (original), bo4p5687 (update) for the Sky Battles + Inverse Battles script, Voltseon, Golisopod User for the Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding script.

Extra credits to:

NICKtendo DS for third generation custom monster sprites
SHARKGUY for the custom Darkrai sprite

Auxpert for the 8-bit remix of "Proof of a hero" and "Setting off breeze"
HamOfJustice for the 8-bit remix of "Monster Hunter Tri Main Theme"
Ninnindo for the 8-bit remix of "Proof of a hero"
kitsunahri for the 8-bit remix of "Data Install Theme"
Lishenna for the 8-bit remix of "Valstrax Theme" and "Lagiacrus Theme"

Last edited:

TazzRex

Rookie
My two favorite game series merged into one? Consider me excited! Any plans for 5th Gen monsters later on?

Naristhel

Rookie
I would not discard the idea right off the bat, my biggest concern was actually being capable of recreating Monster Hunter World maps with 2D graphics. So there is no definitive answer to your question but I guarantee you it will be my first order of business after release without a doubt.

Back