• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon: Oracle of Creation is still looking for reinforcement (mostly scripters)!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PorousMist

Novice
logo.png

You may have remembered this project from long, long ago, where I was barely starting my game. It has been a good while since many from this site and from others have even heard about this. I know many of y'all think I left this project for dead, but as of this recent update, this is no longer the case. I will continue to work hard on this while working with many obstacles in life.

Pokémon: Oracle of Creation is based on the lore of the Pokémon series and the iceberg, using many pieces of such media as parts of the story and events throughout the game.

mapRegion1.png

mapRegion0.png

Journey through the ancient Gennisi Region!

The player, his/her parents, and a group of several others are the last remaining members of an ancient society as old as time. Their responsibility was to protect the power derived from the world's legendary Pokémon, with the core power from Arceus. A disaster from their homeland of Kalos forced them to flee on an oceanic voyage through ship until they can find their new home.

One catastrophic night, the ship sailed into the mist of a massive thunderstorm. The heavy gusts of wind violently rocked the ship by its sides, causing the player and the passengers to lose balance. The player tried his/her hardest to hold on, but hope was lost when a piece of a rope the player held on to ripped off that sent the player into a cold plunge into the sea, leaving the crew to believe he/she was gone forever.

A few days later, a family trying to enjoy a playful day at the beach found the player washed up on shore unconscious and had to urgently carry him/her to their home to recover. The father of the family just so happened to be Professor Rune, the region's Pokémon professor, as well as a famous archeologist and historian. There, you also meet his assistant daughter Caroline, who played an active part of Rune's work since she was eight. The two tried to question who the player's family was or where their home was, but since the player developed an unfortunate heavy case of amnesia caused by the oceanic disaster last night, the player could not remember any of the information they asked for. Fortunately, the family acknowledged the harsh circumstances the player was in and agreed to let him/her stay with them for now, at the cost of helping Professor Rune and Caroline with their work.

The professor's main task lies within a nearby city that houses a large ancient temple. During an examination of the temple with his crew, they found a hall with missing pieces of walls though to once hold sacred text of lore on them. The crew theorized that the pieces are not completely missing and could be found in other areas of the region. Rune's current destiny is to find the missing pieces and put together the true complete story of the world of Pokémon.

Things are not always bright in this expansive region as an evil group of high-class thugs that go by the name of "Team Relic" are on the loose. Their current desire is to ransack sites of prized possessions and artifacts in hopes to seize and make profits from them. With the help of new and existing allies, the player takes on the cruel alliance in hopes to foil their plans for wealth as well as finding out about a large and more dangerous plan of theirs:
Later, it turns out that Team Relic's goal to become rich was only a cover-up of a bigger and more devious plan of the leader. During one of the many heists, the group finds one of the missing wall fragments that contains the story of an ancient artifact that has the dangerous power of opening portals to other realms. The leader choses his desire to obtain a precise copy of this artifact in hopes to abuse its power to create greater alliances from other worlds, where together, they can conquer the Gennisi region and eventually the entire world.
With Professor Rune and Caroline, you control the player while he/she travels across the Gennisi region, battling his/her way to champion as a normal Pokémon trainer, stopping Team Relic's devious plans, and encountering new characters while exploring the many ruins across the region and eventually recovering the memories of the player's past, including who he/she really is.

New and Existing Additions:

-A new region to explore, split into southern and northern parts
-Over 900 Pokemon; this includes:
*Pokémon from all 9 Generations
*Mix of revamped beta Pokémon and Festival Pack Fakemon
-New Mega Evolutions
-New Gigantamax forms
-Gennisian Forms
-The exclusive UltimaGear, which provides many useful applications for your journey and with the professor's research, but most importantly will allow the use of Mega Evolution, Z-Power, and Dynamax in one device.
-Advanced Hidden Grottos
-A dungeon exploration system
-Custom Abilites
-Pokémon-related changes
-Modular Quest System
-PokéAdventures
-HM Skills, replacing the use of HMs
-Berry Pots
-Challenge Mode, featuring level caps
-And more!

Protagonists:
introBoy.png
introGirl.png

Image Set 1.png

Currently recruiting:

-Scripters for:
*Menus
*New features
*Moves and abilities
*Adapting and troubleshooting scripts
*Creating new scripts and content
*Etc.
-Co-Developers
-Spriters for:
*Gen 4-style backsprites
*Gen 6-style icons
*Character graphics
*VS. Trainer graphics
*Following Pokemon graphics
-Audio developers for Pokemon Cries

-Current Team:
*AdaptingKaiju (Head Spriter)
*AdamantiumBladez (Spriter)
*LeGrenouilleRenard (Spriter and Promotional Aritst)
*Voltorbflip (Co-Developer and Base Writer)
*Devil Monster (Side Developer)
*goochster (Beta Tester)
*pizzatacoburger1234 (Beta Tester)
*SomeAllay (Pokemon-related Scripter)
*Bro2owen (Co-Scripter)
*Angelcake (Composer)

Comment down below or contact me with:
Discord: PorousMist#6445
PokéCommunity: Username - PorousMist326
Message via Relic Castle Direct Messages

Made with Pokémon Essentials v20.1

Last edited:

goochster

Rookie
Hey I think your game looks pretty cool. I want to be the beta tester of this game.
Thanks

PorousMist

Novice
Updated the main post with our current team so far. The game is currently really in the need for more scripters for troubleshooting and etc, though.

SomeAllay

Novice
i DMed you in discord, my userame is SomeAllay, i want to apply for scripter

PorousMist

Novice
Updated the main post. The game is now recruiting spriters for pokemon and trainers mentioned in the op.

PorousMist

Novice
Updated the main post again with extras I forgot. Also recruiting audio experts for pokemon cries now.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hey, i don't want to be rude, but i think that you shouldn't recruit more people into the project, you already have quite the group, things take time to do, for example, i'm a solo dev of a fan game for more than 12 years now, even using official stuff from the official games, it took me that time as a solo dev. I've tried to recruit along the way, two types of persons, for ex: A spriter and a scripter, cus the rest were done by me, only the parts that i have more difficulty is where i need to recruit people to help. Other devs like me, are recruiting people as well, and if you got them all, it will be impossible to continuing other fan game projects. You're running an ambitious project, me too, but in my case i'm finishing it, because everything is pratically done by me. But i'm looking for a scripter as well. So, please understand my point. Share resources with others, don't be, i don't like to use this word but, "egoist". Recruiting spriters and coders are very difficult to recruit as it is and since that you already have a large group, you can work with those members. In my fan game, i only have a spriter, and sometimes one scripter to lend a hand here and there, that's it. Please, i'm not trying to offend anyone, but other devs like me, have their fans too that are hoping to play the next game update, which in my case due too many dificulties, i didn't release one more than an entire year now. Again, please unterstand my point and good luck with your project. And take time to do things, don't rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back