• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Other Mega Smeargle ability question

This thread's author wants feedback. Be constructive.

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
I have a few ideas for what I could make the ability for a mega Smeargle in my game.
1: Simple
2: An ability that transfers any stat changes on it to a random modifiable stat
3: An ability that makes any stat changes affect ALL of its stats (maybe excluding evasion and accuracy)

What do you think? Which one should I give it? If it changes anything, I'm planning on making it so that if you fight a specific gym leader late enough (the game will be made so you can fight the gyms in almost any order), they will have a mega Smeargle for baton passing reasons. Also if I end up deciding on one of the 2 custom abilities, I'll probably make a thread in another category asking how to make them as I have absolutely no clue where to even start. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Yin

Queen of out-dated memes
I think 2 could be a little too overpowered, I would go with 3.

But if you want to go with something else, perhaps Libero? (Cinderace's hidden ability) It's pretty strong and I think it fits Smeargle

Paulypus

Ok. Thanks for the input! Now I just need to figure out how to actually make it work.

Last edited:

Paulypus

Got it working! This should be fun for the player to fight :)

Back