• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Map Map feedback: My first attempt

This thread's author wants feedback on a map. Be constructive.

BakedBeanBagel

Rookie
first attempt.JPG

Credits: Magiscarf, CaoticCherrycake, Kyle Dove

I wasn't confident running the screenshot script as I'm a noob so hope a screengrab is ok.

Basically I'm a bit worried about dead space. What are the best tips to avoid it?

I'm thinking of developing a garden space on the left like the house on the right. I'd like to hide an item round back as an early reward for exploring.

Upvote 0

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
It looks great! simple but pleasing to look. If you want to make it look more full you can put fences or flowers around the paths border, not in all the borders, just on the places that looks too spacious

BakedBeanBagel

Rookie
It looks great! simple but pleasing to look. If you want to make it look more full you can put fences or flowers around the paths border, not in all the borders, just on the places that looks too spacious
Thank you! I had this comment a bit on Reddit as well so I think I might give it a bit of a reshuffle. I think I was worried about it looking cramped but actually it looks too spaced haha. It's a hard balance.

Yin

Queen of out-dated memes
Omg, I love the colors of the trees! Perhaps you could give a little garden to the house on the top left? It looks a tad too plain since it is placed a little far back and the road to it is longer than the others. It looks like it would have a front yard in my opinion. Just fences around it and a few trees and flowers inside the fences and it'll look good!

Back