• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Rpg maker XP JavaScript compatibility

Scorponok

FUNCTION: DESERT ATTACK COMMANDER
I was wondering if there is some sort of mod or plug-in for RPG maker XP that allows you to use JavaScript, as that is the next language I will be learning, but I recently discovered this forum and Pokémon essentials, and I want to make Pokémon fangames without biting off more than I can chew by learning Ruby and JavaScript at the same time.

Crist

a mystery
I really think that there is no type of mod for rpg maker xp that allows using JavaScript, but there is for the mv

Hollow_Ego

Cooltrainer
Just to share my experience:
My first language was Ruby because of Essentials too. After that I got more and more into JavaScript. Both languages are loosely typed (meaning they don't care about the type of data you store in a variable or constant). I think both are easy to pick up, especially if you know one.

Personally I would recommend to start learning JavaScript first, as there are many great resources out there. This way you can learn the general coding basics and can easily experiment with it. But also don't just look at JavaScript. Check out the Code of Essentials and try to understand it. Google for things that aren't clear. I would say that understanding the concepts is more important than to know the language specific syntax.
You learn a lot by just trying out things and solving errors.
Maybe you already know that already, in that case just ignore what I said.
If you got any specific questions you can also DM me.

jianmingyong

Rookie
If someone wrote an interpreter for javascript in ruby, that might work. But still I rather just use ruby as that’s still too much work even if it is a plugin to allow anyone to use javascript.

Back