• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Randomized Trainer Teams (RTT) 1.1.0

Kotaro

Trainer
Kotaro submitted a new resource:

Randomized Trainer Teams - An approach of turning every Save-File into a unique one.

Tips fedora
Hello there so i saw this Idea in the Suggestions thread and thought it was a pretty cool idea and decided to have a go at it and after a bit of struggling and some good help from @Vendily and @Maruno it now seems to work.
So special thanks to both of them!
Also credit to @Keyacom for the Idea in the Suggestions thread.

How it works:
This Resource enables you to generate random Pokemon Trainer Teams...

Read more about this resource...

Neppii

Rookie
For me the guaranteed one doesnt work. The randomization works fine and also the number of pokemons is actually 4, when I enter a number of 3 and guaranteed of 1. However the Pokémon seems to be random anyway. My block in PBS looks like this:

Ruby:
[TRAINER_BOB,BOB]
LoseText = "A good battle indeed!"
NumPkmn = 3
Guaranteed = 1
Pokemon = ALAKAZAM,30
Pokemon = TOGEKISS,30
Pokemon = MAMOSWINE,30
Pokemon = QUILAVA,30
Pokemon = GLACEON,30
Pokemon = CLEFAIRY,30
Pokemon = MEWTWO,30
Pokemon = EMOLGA,30
Pokemon = CHARIZARD,30

So Alakazam should be guaranteed but this is not the case.

Kotaro

Trainer
For me the guaranteed one doesnt work. The randomization works fine and also the number of pokemons is actually 4, when I enter a number of 3 and guaranteed of 1. However the Pokémon seems to be random anyway. My block in PBS looks like this:

Ruby:
[TRAINER_BOB,BOB]
LoseText = "A good battle indeed!"
NumPkmn = 3
Guaranteed = 1
Pokemon = ALAKAZAM,30
Pokemon = TOGEKISS,30
Pokemon = MAMOSWINE,30
Pokemon = QUILAVA,30
Pokemon = GLACEON,30
Pokemon = CLEFAIRY,30
Pokemon = MEWTWO,30
Pokemon = EMOLGA,30
Pokemon = CHARIZARD,30

So Alakazam should be guaranteed but this is not the case.
Like i explained in my Example if you enter a NumPkmn of 2 and a Guaranteed of 1 the Trainers party is going to have 3 Pokemon so the number of Pokemon is correct also i honestly have no clue what's the issue with the guarantee because it works for me. I just tested it with the exact Trainer you used and he always has Alakazam in his team in this case the SoftReset variable is on false but i've also tested it on true and always get an Alakazam in his team.
I used a print to print everything inside pokemon_team into the console and i also finished the battles to confirm that these trainers actually posses these pokemon which they do.
test.PNG

Neppii

Rookie
Like i explained in my Example if you enter a NumPkmn of 2 and a Guaranteed of 1 the Trainers party is going to have 3 Pokemon so the number of Pokemon is correct also i honestly have no clue what's the issue with the guarantee because it works for me. I just tested it with the exact Trainer you used and he always has Alakazam in his team in this case the SoftReset variable is on false but i've also tested it on true and always get an Alakazam in his team.
I used a print to print everything inside pokemon_team into the console and i also finished the battles to confirm that these trainers actually posses these pokemon which they do.
View attachment 9368
Hm that is really strange then. For me its absolutely random if the guaranteed Pokemon is included in the team up or not. I'll keep you posted if I can solve that issue myself.

Kotaro

Trainer
Hm that is really strange then. For me its absolutely random if the guaranteed Pokemon is included in the team up or not. I'll keep you posted if I can solve that issue myself.
You can try printing out the pokemon_team yourself for that open a new section above main and add this:
print by FL
Ruby:
def ep(*args)
  for arg in args
    echoln(arg.inspect)
  end
end
then go into my Randomized Trainer Teams script search for pokemon_team and bellow pokemon_team += pokemon_team2
add ep"pokemon_team",pokemon_team this should give you the data in the console which makes it easier to check.

TheExtremeHeat

Rookie
So, I found something while using this. If you start a battle with a trainer randomizing it, it works perfectly. But if you try to battle them again, they lose a Pokemon that's equal to the Guaranteed. I tried it with an event that had 10 Pokemon and one Guaranteed, but when I tried to rematch them, they only had 9. I kept rematching them and eventually, they ran out of Pokemon and the game crashed. It doesn't even have to be 10, I tried it with less Pokemon and they still lost Pokemon if you rematch them. Am I doing something wrong?

Kotaro

Trainer
So, I found something while using this. If you start a battle with a trainer randomizing it, it works perfectly. But if you try to battle them again, they lose a Pokemon that's equal to the Guaranteed. I tried it with an event that had 10 Pokemon and one Guaranteed, but when I tried to rematch them, they only had 9. I kept rematching them and eventually, they ran out of Pokemon and the game crashed. It doesn't even have to be 10, I tried it with less Pokemon and they still lost Pokemon if you rematch them. Am I doing something wrong?
i don't think you are doing anything wrong just tested it and it does remove the guaranteed mon every time but i already know what's the problem.
gonna fix that and add some other stuff to the script and upload a newer version after i've tested it!
i can also change so that the last pokemon that is listed is the guaranteed going upwards instead so the reverse of what it is rn but i'll build that in as a switch so everyone can decide himself.

Last edited:

Kotaro

Trainer
Kotaro updated Randomized Trainer Teams (RTT) with a new update entry:

Fixed yeeting guaranteed Pokemon into oblivion and added some stuff

Added FL's print method so that you can print the teams into the console by removing a # at line 443.
Fixed the "Guaranteed Pokemon disappear after you've battled them once until they have no Team left and an error appears"

Added a new Switch called FirstGuaranteed which let's the dev decide if they want the first Pokemon in the listing to be the the guaranteed one continuing downwards for more(Switch on true) or have the last Pokemon be the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Timespiraled

Rookie
Is there a way for the randomized teams to be locked per save file, but not for the entire game? I'm seeing the same teams again and again on my test trainer with "NoSoftReset = true" even when making a fresh save file. We're aiming for randomized runs but the ability to reload and "save scum" until you get an easier fight isn't great.

Thanks in advance for all your help. This plugin's been a lifesaver.

Kotaro

Trainer
Is there a way for the randomized teams to be locked per save file, but not for the entire game? I'm seeing the same teams again and again on my test trainer with "NoSoftReset = true" even when making a fresh save file. We're aiming for randomized runs but the ability to reload and "save scum" until you get an easier fight isn't great.

Thanks in advance for all your help. This plugin's been a lifesaver.
Oh i didn't even realize it was doing that but i'm working on a fix for that gonna upload that later if i do solve it.

Last edited:

Kotaro

Trainer

sorryjzargo

Novice
Is a v20 update planned for this? There's an area in my game that would really benefit from this.

TheLuiz

The Mysterious Stranger
question, would it be possible to set the random pokemon to be of a specific type? Asking mostly for trainer classes.

Like, set up a firefighter or sailor to only have water and fighting types. A Punk to only have dark types So on...

Kotaro

Trainer
question, would it be possible to set the random pokemon to be of a specific type? Asking mostly for trainer classes.

Like, set up a firefighter or sailor to only have water and fighting types. A Punk to only have dark types So on...
since you yourself decide the roster of what pkmn a trainer can have, yes.
you can just create a firefighter roster with only water and fighting pkmn which consists out of as example 12 differrent water/fighting types and then that person will only have water or fighting types and if you want a 2nd firefighter with the same pkmn pool you can just copy the pool from the previous firefighter.
the "random pokemon" pool is completly up to you and customizable you can also set up iv's abilities shinyness and everything else since it's handled through the trainer.txt.

sorryjzargo

Novice
Is there a limit to how many possible Pokemon a trainer can have? I haven't seen a limit mentioned, but I don't want to assume

I tested a trainer with 44 Pokemon listed and it worked, but my game is making the last Pokemon listed guaranteed, not the first
nvm, I had it changed in the settings to do that for some reason

Kotaro

Trainer
Is there a limit to how many possible Pokemon a trainer can have? I haven't seen a limit mentioned, but I don't want to assume
i honestly have no idea but feel free to go nuts and try to add as many pokemon as you want and if you find a limit do tell me and i'll add that limit in the post

sorryjzargo

Novice
I made a trainer with 70 different possible Pokemon (all Smeargle that have different damaging signature moves) and it worked, and that's probably the most I'll have on one trainer so I shouldn't have to worry about a limit any more

Back