• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Solace Recruitment

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

idilio

Novice
X end title.png

hey! this is idilio, lead developer of Solace; a story heavy fangame created with Essentials v.19, and our entry for RC's winter jam;
we currently have 1/4th of the game released as a beta!

Solace tells the story of a girl called Giselle, who finds herself chained to her every day life in the faraway island of Elisia; she constantly daydreams of being able to explore the world across the sea, but so far this dream of hers is slowly withering away. Giselle has, however, been in contact with someone from the outside world for a while now...

Unique Features:

The entire game was created with a 4 color palette in mind
Story-Heavy
Character sprites and portraits made from scratch
Chapter-based progress

we will currently take a small break to rest from the hectic limitations of the winter jam, but hopefully we can resume development in the following weeks.

Currently Recruiting (in order of importance):

• A person able to manage & work with events: This is our biggest priority. I personally know absolutely nothing about scripts or code, and barely anything about events. Solace has a couple scripts that are impossible for me to understand, and I desperately need someone to guide me through / help me utilize them. Proper understanding of RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials is crucial.
  • Writers: English is not my first language, and even though we have a general idea of where we want to take the narrative of our game, I'm having a hard time tying up some pieces of our story to make it memorable and impactful, combined with my awful and underdeveloped skill of writing dialogue; writers represent the backbone of our project, and what truly will make it stand out in the long run.
  • Mappers: Even though 95% of our project is mapped, I have to recognize that some areas could use a redesign to further allow the player to explore and interact with the world. My main concern is the way some puzzles were done; I personally struggle creating engaging puzzles and it shows. A skilled mapper with a creative mind would do wonders for the gameplay of our project.
  • I will personally take care of everything else that is graphic-related.

i'd like to thank you in advance for reading through all of this. if you're interested in joining the dev team, feel free to send me a dm!

idilio#2655

Solace Team Members:
Idilio, Golisopod User, Byilith, Mike_JAJ & you hopefully

All assets made for Solace will be released as public resources for the community.

here are a couple screenshots of what we have now. :)

SOLACE PROMO.png

Last edited:

ColorMeIn

Lead Dev for "Finding Oneself"
devstie i will be your angle or your devil!!! 🥺🥺

ok jokes aside lmao like i said in DMs, i'd love to be a writer! 👉👈 i can also pitch in for character design and voice acting.

i'm a little decent with events but the more advanced eventing is currently beyond me.... if it's just dialogue, map transfers and adding/removing/editing the Pokemon party though, i can do that much!

mindbender12

Novice
This game looks really interesting.

I’m happy to pitch in with a bit of writing, though my English isn’t great (despite it being my native language of 22 years.)

I saw someone mention VA. Is that happening too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back