• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon: Spooky Sapphire

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
ETA Next Version
Apr 1, 2022
promo.png

INFO​

Spooky occurrences are happening all around Hoenn! Play as Brendan after he's become the champion, and get to the bottom of this mystery!

DISCLAIMER: This project is not meant to be taken completely seriously. It's a joke based off of bad creepypastas, and is meant to be humorous, but I've still poured my heart and soul into it for whatever reason. This game is not meant to be a typical Pokemon game and is not very long. It's just meant to make ya laugh.

This is a game that has existed in concept since 2017, however, I didn't start actually working on it until August 2020. It was initially slated for a Halloween 2020 release, but, uh... That clearly didn't go as planned. It's made with Essentials v19.1. I've done the vast majority of the edited Pokemon and Trainer sprites and all of the dialogue portraits myself, but you can check the credits to see the few that aren't by me.​

STORY​

One day, Brendan wakes up feeling that something in Hoenn is amiss... His suspicions are quickly confirmed as he ventures outside and realizes Wally had thought the same thing. They embark on a journey together to find out what's going on to cause this mayhem, and meet some old acquaintances along the way. Mystery! Suspense! All you could ever desire in a Pokemon game!​

FEATURES​

Spoooooky new Pokemon forms have been spotted littered around Hoenn! Just what could be causing this?​

4.png
5.png

22.png
8.png

Travel through Hoenn and Kanto!​

17.png

Unravel the mystery!​

2.png
16.png
6.png

Be a general nuisance to society!​

15.png
23.png
26.png

Meet and battle some... Interesting people!

9.png
3.png
10.png
14.png

Reunite and battle with old trainers!​

27.png
21.png
18.png

CREDITS (so far)​

Tilesets
aiyinshi
com_sho
battlelegendblue - pumpkins
pablus94 - cemetery tiles
pastalover42 - staircase tilesets

Sprites
battlelegendblue (thats me!) - dialogue portraits, Pokemon form sprites, VS sprite edits and more
PKMNTrainerSpriterC - base for Wally's overworld sprite, further edited by me
aveontrainer - Magma Grunt, Steven and Wallace overworld sprites
tonitur20 - Worker overworld sprite
15avaughn - Brendan running, surfing, fishing and biking sprites
hyo-oppa - base for Brendan's backsprite, further edited by me

Music
DeNa/Pokemon Masters - Wally, Wallace and Blue's battle BGM

"Pokémon Essentials"
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL. PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
Golisopod User Rataime
help-14 Savordez
IceGod64 SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock the__end
KitsuneKouta Venom12
Lisa Anthony Wachunga
Luka S.J.

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

12.png

Attachments

• 19.png
    19.png
    61 KB · Views: 153
  • 1640473144489.png
    1640473144489.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 17.png
    17.png
    92 KB · Views: 148
  • 12.png
    12.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 16.png
    16.png
    84 KB · Views: 199
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 7.png
    7.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 24.png
    24.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 18.png
    18.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 13.png
    13.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 20.png
    20.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 1640476058004.png
    1640476058004.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 28.png
    28.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 18.png
    18.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 7.png
    7.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Orion☆

Rookie
Finally a humorous game connected to canon events, and spooky to boot! I'm excited to play through this. Any idea when a playable version will be released?

deoxysacid

Novice
Finally a humorous game connected to canon events, and spooky to boot! I'm excited to play through this. Any idea when a playable version will be released?
I'm aiming for an April fool's day release, but if I finish it sooner then I'll release it before that lol

Back