• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Autosave Feature 1.2

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban submitted a new resource:

Autosave Function - Don't forget to save your game progress!

Autosave Feature
View attachment 8122View attachment 8123
With this plugin, the game will be saved after the player catches a Pokemon or transferred into another map.
Except :
- Transferred between 2 indoor maps
- Transferred between 2 connected maps
- Transferred while doing the safari game
- Transferred while doing a bug catching contest
- Transferred while doing...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

DaisukeDoi7

Rookie
Hey, so I was using the newest version of this script in the recent version of essentials (v20.1 of course), and I encountered an error whenever I start a new game after a game is already saved. I tried going into the plugin myself to try and figure out what went wrong, but I'm not exactly sure myself.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Autosave Feature v20] AutosaveFeature.rb:79:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
036:Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
044:Game_MapFactory:147:in `setMapChanged'
044:Game_MapFactory:26:in `setup'
032:Scene_Map:72:in `transfer_player'
032:Scene_Map:166:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:159:in `loop'

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Hey, so I was using the newest version of this script in the recent version of essentials (v20.1 of course), and I encountered an error whenever I start a new game after a game is already saved. I tried going into the plugin myself to try and figure out what went wrong, but I'm not exactly sure myself.
Thanks for your report, there is a change for v20 map factory global variable, I will update the script

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Thank you for this amazing script.

The only drawback I have sometimes is the following. If an event is configured, for example, as follows:

Sin título.png

Let's imagine I go out that door, the game saves automatically and then I load the game at exactly the same point... When I restart the game the last two actions (Move Down & Change Screen Color Tone) have not been executed, so when I come back sometimes I have a completely white screen tone because the game was saved just after the transfer and not after the event has finished. Is there any way to solve this? Maybe I'm designing the event wrong? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Thank you for this amazing script.

The only drawback I have sometimes is the following. If an event is configured, for example, as follows:

View attachment 14375

Let's imagine I go out that door, the game saves automatically and then I load the game at exactly the same point... When I restart the game the last two actions (Move Down & Change Screen Color Tone) have not been executed, so when I come back sometimes I have a completely white screen tone because the game was saved just after the transfer and not after the event has finished. Is there any way to solve this? Maybe I'm designing the event wrong? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Did it happen to every door or just this specific door?

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Did it happen to every door or just this specific door?
It happens at least on every door with that setup, but it's funny, I think it depends on the exact moment the autosave is executed. Sometimes I load the game and it starts just as the character is entering the map, other times I see the image tone covering the whole screen (I can operate the character, but I need to go back and re-enter to fix it) (sometimes in the same door). I'm thinking maybe some way to delay the autosave, give a few seconds to wait for the event to finish, or, I don't know.

Back