• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Sinnoh

Where would you put Sinnoh on your favorite region list?

• Favorite

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Second Favorite

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Third Favorite

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Fourth Favorite

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Fifth Favorite

• Sixth Favorite

• Seventh Favorite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jayrodd

Professional Hot Pepper
What if we had pokemon, but with TWO screens???? The jump to Sinnoh in gen 4 made a lot of technological advances for the game that showed in it's performance and the design alike, fine tuning a lot of existing things as well. The birth region of many great things now standard in the pokemon world, especially it's competitive scene.

• Discuss aspects of Sinnoh that are unique, or done better here than in other regions.
  • Explain ideas you liked from the region that could be expanded on in later titles
  • Share a memory of something you really liked about Sinnoh!

Brom

Crobat Appreciator
To be entirely honest, Sinnoh was just kinda average. It didn't really do anything new besides have two HM slaves worth of Field Moves, too many legendaries/mythicals to count on two hands, and the sluggish pace in the original Diamond and Pearl. The only real thing that stood out to me (that I liked) was the Distortion World (aka the expanded Reverse World) in Platinum. I enjoyed the mini puzzle trying to figure out where you needed to go in all three axis. Sadly, in most Pokémon games, you're limited to the X and Z axis, with no real thought of vertical movement. Perhaps having more development on the Distortion World would've made it overstay its welcome, but as far as I see it, I'd like to see more utilization of the Y axis like in the Distortion World.

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
Well, this ought to be good. I'll be short, though. Sinnoh is good. Just good. It has a winter feel that I love and the cities are almost all interesting. The graphics are amazing, though a little too desaturated. As a geographic place it is very interesting and the shape of the region map and route locations are great. I especially love Mt. Coronet being the formation that divides the region in two but also serves as relatively quick way to unite north and south. The environments feel very alive and the soundtrack. My god that soundtrack! It is God-like! (Arceus-like should I say) Now for the parts that I didn't really like. The story was... alright, a little dumb, in my opinion. But the pacing, my God the pacing was atrocious. The last gym leaders felt like a boss rush and the personalities that early ones had was missing in them. Also, why are the Chimchar and Ponyta lines the only fire types you can get in DP? Plus, it's Pokémon distribution was terrible. I didn't have a full team by the end and always had the classic Steve as my HM slave.
Anyway, TL;DR, that soundtrack, my God that eargasming heavenly soundtrack!

Flares

Rookie
In my opinion, Sinnoh is easily one of, if not the best region. Platinum was just the perfect version, as it fixed the only complaints I've had about Diamond/Pearl: the lack of fire Pokemon and the slow pacing. The region itself was pretty unique with this certain mythological feeling it gave off. Also its design was well thought through. I loved how Mt. Coronet divided the region in two, with each part of the region having differences, like the forms of Shellos, for example. Additionally, I really loved most of its cities. Canalave, Snowpoint, Sunnyshore, just to name a few. The landscape was also pretty interesting, as it took place in a colder setting than usual and still included many interesting places, such as the swamp and the snow routes in the north (in my opinion these routes weren't even annoying, but I might be the only one, though, haha). The tropical post-game island was pretty awesome, as well, as it had many intersting locations that would not have fit the mainland of Sinnoh (volcano, dessert, etc.). And while I'm at interesting routes and towns, don't forget about that amazing music which was playing there. Sinnoh easily had the best soundtrack of the main series (Unova is at a close second, though). Only the story was a bit... weird? I did like it (as I think in general the other region's stories weren't better, which a few exceptions (Unova (BW 1!) and Alola)), because it fit the mythological feeling of Sinnoh pretty well, but in my opinion it was a bit too much, introducing legendaries which could destroy the whole world. To sum it up, if you just look at Platinum, Sinnoh is my favorite region. And leaving out D/P is what I usually do when I look at Sinnoh, not because they were bad, but just because Platinum was so superior to them, in my opinion, haha.

Taq

Sandwich Master
What about Sinnoh?!? (I regret this).

Ah Sinnoh! The region that introduced me to pokémon when it came in general and not games.
This was a peculiar generation as I grew older tbh...

Discuss aspects of Sinnoh that are unique, or done better here than in other regions
What made Sinnoh different from the rest was mostly that it was the most hodge podge generation because more then half of the new pokémon in the region didn't make sense (like Stunky or Carnevine) and there were towns which just look random and non existent realistically. But it technically gave us new evolutions to pokémon which I do honestly like (Electivire, Rhyperior, and Yanmega with something to be happy for.) Another thing is that it is the closest thing to a Pokémon region based on the former Soviet Union when you read deep into it. Another thing was that this was the first generation where all the starters gained a secondary typing in their final stage for once. But anyway, it felt more like a patch to pokémon overall to help fill as much voids as possible. (Oh, and I felt like the Pokémon in the region felt unbalanced because some we're missing in it originally til platinum).

For my favorite ideas from sinnoh it mostly might just be that it was more snow related, it currently is the only generation where you can have a full team of only new ice type pokémon (only if you use the new evos and rotom frost) so I hope to see more ice types and maybe even a snowman or two in it.
Another thing was possibly to make the Mythicals and Legendaries more interesting. While there were too many Mythicals in my honest opinion (Manaphy could've just been another Lucario and I would've been fine.) they did atleast have events and a tiny adventure when you went hunting for them. Another thing possibly is the distortion world, my favorite part of gen 4, it was the first time where alternative dimensions we're brought up and you could go to it. It was a good usage of 3D and I hope they keep it as an optional area that you can explore and possibly even get rewarded for hunting in, (maybe a new form for it hopefully, I just need ghost dragon to have a cool location to live in). One last thing was that the generation have new evolutions to older pokémon that I hope they might expand with new megas, Regional Varients, or gen 8 gimmick things. I just want to see something new to use.

I don't know about my favorite part of Sinnoh, (maybe the distortion world) but I know what is my least favorite part of the experience....

In the wind works when you have to battle Mars' Purugly!!! I had struggled for a long to time to defeat finally after random grinding torture and sweat until I defeated that annoying cat and red haired admin!

But other then that Sinnoh is kinda better then I thought.

But those are my two cents.

Sparta

banished doof
I like Sinnoh. Platinum was my first Pokemon game, so I consider Sinnoh my home region, in a way.

Looking back, I think one of the things I really liked about Sinnoh is that the Legendary Pokemon really felt like they had authority. I mean, Hoenn had things like a Pokemon that could expand land and a Pokemon that could expand the sea, but Sinnoh had Pokemon that were in control of time and space, and even the Pokemon that allegedly created the universe.

I also like how it added some new evolutions to Pokemon from previous generations. Magmortar, Togekiss, Magnezone, etc. Heck, I didn't even know that their pre-volutions were from older generations.

manta

★★★★★
I LOVED Sinnoh. Having a region with a cold climate (even if it is only slight) was really refreshing. The mountain ranges were nice, and the coastal cities are some of my favourite places in the franchise. It introduced many evolutions to existing Pokémon, which were pretty much all great to me. So yeah, I loved Sinnoh. But maybe it's just nostalgia because DP was my first,

Back