• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[Map Pack] Remastered Kanto and Johto Overworld and Caves, with Bonus Beta maps (and Music)

Resource [Map Pack] Remastered Kanto and Johto Overworld and Caves, with Bonus Beta maps (and Music) v.3

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
DogzNDogz113 submitted a new resource:

1950's Kanto Map Pack Gen 4 style with remastered Kanto Soundtrack - A map pack containing every Kanto exterior, and some "dungeons". With audio!

oxBQrcA.png

Are you a solo dev that is struggling to fill all the roles?

Are you adept at writing and designing, and in need of a ready-made playground for your ideas?

Are you a designer lacking a knack for mapping?

Do you want to practice your mapping by altering an existing region?

Are you short on time yet you want to explore your creativity?

Are you tired of looking for the right music for your Kanto projects?

Fret not for I present you: The gen...

Read more about this resource...

Ignitus

Charizard X trainer

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
AenaonDogsky updated (V2) 1960's Kanto Map Pack Gen 4 style with remastered Kanto Soundtrack with a new update entry:

Version 2.0

The pack has been updated to 2.0.

I have re-connected and readjusted all of the maps, here's why:

=====================================================================
Essentials sometimes glitches map connections out. This may result in memory leaks and weird bugs like seeing edges of maps where they shouldn't be.
I have noticed it happening like this:

• random maps are being connected to other random maps
  • The PBS file for map connections gets overwritten too!

To...

Read the rest of this update entry...

mikenaria

Rookie
Hello! If compared with Kanto in HGSS, is the layout the same? Are buildings in the same/similar locations, or did you put your own spin on it?

I ask because I've been remaking a HGSS game and have just about finished Johto (a very slow process because of rl.) If the layout is the same do you mind if I use the maps and alter them so that they resemble HGSS?

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Hello! If compared with Kanto in HGSS, is the layout the same? Are buildings in the same/similar locations, or did you put your own spin on it?

I ask because I've been remaking a HGSS game and have just about finished Johto (a very slow process because of rl.) If the layout is the same do you mind if I use the maps and alter them so that they resemble HGSS?
The layout is exactly the same, maybe one or two buildings aren't exactly the same (and the last route that leads to the league), since the source game takes place in 1960.

Of course, the purpose of this pack is to serve as an easy-to-install Kanto so you can do whatever you want with it!
I am also releasing a modern Johto version once the postgame for the source game is out, if you want we can work together post-release to make a better modern pack for both regions. (once your own game has released too of course, unless you dont have any problems making your maps public from the get-go).

mikenaria

Rookie
The layout is exactly the same, maybe one or two buildings aren't exactly the same, since the date the source game takes place is in 1960.

Of course, the purpose of this pack is to serve as an easy-to-install Kanto so you can do whatever you want with it!
I am also releasing a modern Johto version once the postgame for the source game is out, if you want we can work together post-release to make a better modern pack for both regions. (once your own game has released too of course, unless you dont have any problems making your maps public from the get-go).
Sweet! I'll definitely release my maps and make it available for everyone to use. For Johto I've made most of everything. I believe I started mount silver, and I need to do victory road and the elite 4. Everything else should be done including interiors.

It is my first project (I've been working on it for a long time though), and I made the npcs along with dialogue, events, etc. I'm down to work together, but I usually work in bursts and end up taking time off because of rl, but if you'd like when I get a chance later today I can send you what I have.

Since it's my first project areas aren't necessarily 1:1 with HGSS, but I definitely did try my best to make it look as close as possible to HGSS

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Sweet! I'll definitely release my maps and make it available for everyone to use. For Johto I've made most of everything. I believe I started mount silver, and I need to do victory road and the elite 4. Everything else should be done including interiors.

It is my first project (I've been working on it for a long time though), and I made the npcs along with dialogue, events, etc. I'm down to work together, but I usually work in bursts and end up taking time off because of rl, but if you'd like when I get a chance later today I can send you what I have.

Since it's my first project areas aren't necessarily 1:1 with HGSS, but I definitely did try my best to make it look as close as possible to HGSS
No worries, take your time, I can relate :')
Hit me up whenever, I'm sending you mine too as soon as I can. For now I'd say concentrate on finishing your project first - there's no hurry to get the resource out. Work at your own pace.

mikenaria

Rookie
No worries, take your time, I can relate :')
Hit me up whenever, I'm sending you mine too as soon as I can. For now I'd say concentrate on finishing your project first - there's no hurry to get the resource out. Work at your own pace.
Sounds good! I'm in the U.S. EST, so once I get around to finishing errands I'll send over my project. I'll message you later today!

MrRetro

Veteran Gamer
Can you fix the grass on the ledge tiles?

Also do you have an interior gen 4 tileset?

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Can you fix the grass on the ledge tiles?

Also do you have an interior gen 4 tileset?

Can you show me the exact tiles? Their usage might not be clear from looking at the tileset alone.
I can't provide any other tilesets, but you can find aplenty under pubically available sets on DA.

MrRetro

Veteran Gamer
Does anyone character sheets for the doors that work with these tiles?

Also is there a recommendation for interior tiles?

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Does anyone character sheets for the doors that work with these tiles?

Also is there a recommendation for interior tiles?
I believe SirMalo's HGSS resources either already do, or will, include the doors in the future.
Please get in contact with him if you can't find those on the internet.

For interior Tiles, Akizakura's tiles are amazing, and they also have a thread with various other public resources here https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/15/
Still, my earlier reply applies here: you can look up many such tilesets on DA, and here on Relic - previous Game Jam packs.

Keykode

Rookie
This pack looks astounding. This would undoubtedly be useful as I attempt to put my spin on a Kanto remaster in the Gen IV/V style very soon, with credit. Do you know of potential Cerulean Cave tile sets in the Gen IV style? That would put a cherry on top for me.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
This pack looks astounding. This would undoubtedly be useful as I attempt to put my spin on a Kanto remaster in the Gen IV/V style very soon, with credit. Do you know of potential Cerulean Cave tile sets in the Gen IV style? That would put a cherry on top for me.
Thank you. I would recommend Sir Malo's HGSS rips, as they contain all the tiles you need.

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
Since TFJ has already been completed, may I ask if this resource will update the Johto region?

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Since TFJ has already been completed, may I ask if this resource will update the Johto region?
Sorry, I always say I will add it, and I always end up forgetting about it. I will try to do so during the week.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
AenaonDogsky updated Remastered Kanto and Johto Overworld and Caves Map Pack, with Bonus Beta maps (and Music) with a new update entry:

Remastered Kanto Map Pack and Johto now added! Also, all Beta maps included!

- Added the entirety of the Johto overworld, and all caves except for Mt. Silver

- Redesigned all Kanto maps to get rid of all filler maps, and cover bigger resolutions

- Improved Kanto cave maps

- Added Beta maps, and beta Cherrygrove! Includes lost island town in Kanto

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back