• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Poké Ball Swap

Resource Poké Ball Swap 2022-05-20

TechSkylander1518 submitted a new resource:

Poké Ball Swap - Switch your Pokémon's Poké Ball by using it on them from the bag!

View attachment 6863
Quick little script that lets the player use their Poké Balls from the bag to change the ball their Pokémon is stored in! Options to give the ball back can be turned on/off easily by the dev.
Code

Paste in a new script section above Main!

Ruby:
RECEIVE_OLD = true
RECEIVE_MASTER = false

ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.addIf(proc { |item| GameData::Item.get(item).is_poke_ball? },
  proc { |item,pkmn,scene|...

Read more about this resource...

amberstar2604

Rookie
5 stars! I love the idea and I think it's great to have a recourse like this. (Just think how overpowered it would be to use unlimited master balls though...)

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
5 stars! I love the idea and I think it's great to have a recourse like this. (Just think how overpowered it would be to use unlimited master balls though...)
TechSkylander added the ability to treat master balls differently from the other types of balls if you have the give back feature enabled, so the master ball will break and can't be recycled for the player to catch whatever they want, making it easy to prevent master ball abuse with this script.

iddyizz

Rookie
Is there a B2W2 resource needed for this to work? Just tried it and mechanically it worked, but the party screen turned black and my debug menu popped up saying a bunch of B2W2 graphics weren't found. Otherwise, I love the idea for this mechanic! Always irked me that I couldn't do this in any of the games.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2022.03.03 - 20.53.23.51.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.03.03 - 20.53.23.51.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 122
Is there a B2W2 resource needed for this to work? Just tried it and mechanically it worked, but the party screen turned black and my debug menu popped up saying a bunch of B2W2 graphics weren't found. Otherwise, I love the idea for this mechanic! Always irked me that I couldn't do this in any of the games.
No, all it does is add a new item function. What other plugins/scripts do you have in your game?

Ah I figured it out. Following Pokemon requires BW Party Screen, but I had forgotten to place the graphics!
I'm pretty sure Following Pokemon doesn't require BW Party Screen- it'd be a strange thing to require, since it doesn't have any effect on the mechanics, and the example GIFs in the post show it using the default party UI. It's likely a separate script using the BW Party Screen.

iddyizz

Rookie
I'm pretty sure Following Pokemon doesn't require BW Party Screen- it'd be a strange thing to require, since it doesn't have any effect on the mechanics, and the example GIFs in the post show it using the default party UI. It's likely a separate script using the BW Party Screen.
Weird. After the most recent update for Following Pokemon, I kept getting error windows popping up asking for BW Party Screen, Luka's updated Utilities, and the 19.1 hotfixes. Each went away with the installation of each respective plugin

Back