• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[PE v19.x] Non-binary Support

Resource [PE v19.x] Non-binary Support v1.1

EzBound

PMD epic ringtone
EzBound submitted a new resource:

[PE v19.x] Non-binary Support - Do you want to add a non-binary protagonist? If so, this is the perfect resource for you.

Hi! Some time ago I saw a script that allows you to add support for Non-binary people, but that script was for Pokémon SDK, not Pokémon Essentials. So I decided to work on a series of changes to add a non-binary protagonist in a fangame programmed with Pokémon Essentials v19, and this is the result.

Before starting my guide, know that I have added the download of some graphics to use as an example, so if you want to get an idea of what kind of resources to include and what name to give to...

Read more about this resource...

Westrah

Novice
Thank you for this resource! I was wondering on how to get this done but couldn't figure it out myself.

FEEDBACK: Some of the lines you instruct to paste cause syntax errors, mostly due to spaces where they shouldn't be. I'm somewhat familiar with scripts and was able to fix the syntax errors, but you might want to double check the lines of code you are telling people to paste. Not everyone will know how to fix it.

EXAMPLES:

This line you instruct causes an error in the "Messages" script under line 550

text.gsub! (/ \\pg/i,"\\c[3]") if $ Trainer && $ Trainer.nonbinary?
Changing it to this line fixes the issue
text.gsub!(/ \\pg/i,"\\c[3]") if $Trainer && $Trainer.nonbinary?

This line you instruct causes an error in the "UI_Load" script at and under line 12
NONBINARYCOLOR = Color.new (-255,255, -255)
NONBINARYTEXTSHADOWCOLOR = Color.new (-255.51, -255)
NONBINARYCOLOR = Color.new(-255,255,-255)
NONBINARYTEXTSHADOWCOLOR = Color.new(-255,51,-255)

This line you instruct causes an error in the "Compiler_CompilePBS" script at line 1076
"Nonbinary "=> 3," N "=> 3," 3 "=> 3," "=> 3"
"Nonbinary" => 3, "N" => 3, "3" => 3,
In the proceeding line, this bit at the end must be deleted as well.
1637009439476.png

Also, you forget to instruct people to delete specific characters " }] " within the "Trainers" script on line 26. Deleting the " }] " at the end of line 26 is necessary for the new nonbinary line underneath to work. Below is the " }] " in question.
1637005140411.png

Additionally, I am unsure what is wrong here but the Trainer Card fails to load the image. The text and text color are displaying correct though.
I have pasted the lines of code from lines 13-25 as you instructed in the "UI_TrainerCard" script.
Below is a picture of the error I'm referring to. Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
Capture1.PNG

Last edited:

EzBound

PMD epic ringtone
Thank you for this resource! I was wondering on how to get this done but couldn't figure it out myself.

FEEDBACK: Some of the lines you instruct to paste cause syntax errors, mostly due to spaces where they shouldn't be. I'm somewhat familiar with scripts and was able to fix the syntax errors, but you might want to double check the lines of code you are telling people to paste. Not everyone will know how to fix it.

EXAMPLES:

This line you instruct causes an error in the "Messages" script under line 550

text.gsub! (/ \\pg/i,"\\c[3]") if $ Trainer && $ Trainer.nonbinary?
text.gsub!(/ \\pg/i,"\\c[3]") if $Trainer && $Trainer.nonbinary?

This line you instruct causes an error in the "UI_Load" script at and under line 12
NONBINARYCOLOR = Color.new (-255,255, -255)
NONBINARYTEXTSHADOWCOLOR = Color.new (-255.51, -255)
NONBINARYCOLOR = Color.new(-255,255,-255)
NONBINARYTEXTSHADOWCOLOR = Color.new(-255,51,-255)

This line you instruct causes an error in the "Compiler_CompilePBS" script at line 1076
"Nonbinary "=> 3," N "=> 3," 3 "=> 3," "=> 3"
"Nonbinary" => 3, "N" => 3, "3" => 3,
In the proceeding line, this bit at the end must be deleted as well.
View attachment 7560

Also, you forget to instruct people to delete specific characters " }] " within the "Trainers" script on line 26. Deleting the " }] " at the end of line 26 is necessary for the new nonbinary line underneath to work. Below is the " }] " in question.
View attachment 7538

Additionally, I am unsure what is wrong here but the Trainer Card fails to load the image. The text and text color are displaying correct though.
I have pasted the lines of code from lines 13-25 as you instructed in the "UI_TrainerCard" script.
Below is a picture of the error I'm referring to. Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
View attachment 7339
Sorry if i'm replying to you so late but i was quite busy in the past months, and thanks for your feedback! I'll try to make a plugin version of this (where your lines of code will be included too) when i have time, so, stay tuned!

Last edited:

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
Does this work with v20.x? I believe most of the script touched by the resource remained untouched from v19, but i ask this due to the compilers

nars

Character Illustrator
Just like the above user, I was wondering if this still works with v20.1?

nars

Character Illustrator
So I tried using this with v20.1 and it failed to load correctly. Here's the error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `get_player' for GameData::Metadata:Class

Backtrace:
[Non-binary Support] 001_UI_Load.rb:170:in `pbSetParty'
[Non-binary Support] 001_UI_Load.rb:305:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
386:Main:6:in `main'
386:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
386:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
386:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
386:Main:45:in `block in <main>'
386:Main:44:in `loop'
386:Main:44:in `<main>'

I used it on v19 and it loaded fine, I'm just too inexperienced to actually make it work.

Westrah

Novice
Can confirm it indeed does not work for Essentials v20.1. I've attached a full screenshot of the error screen which seems to be the same as Nars. Now that it's a full Plug-In and no longer just lines of script I'm afraid I am unsure where to begin so any attempted fixes from me are unlikely this time around x_x

Hopefully EzBound sees this and can come up with an update/solution.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 93
Back