• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
FRLG NPCs with raised hands/arms

Resource FRLG NPCs with raised hands/arms 2021-09-06

TechSkylander1518 submitted a new resource:

FRLG NPCs with raised hands/arms - That title might as well be a description, I dunno what shorter name I could use

View attachment 6667

In FRLG, you could rematch a trainer using the VS seeker. When a trainer was willing to battle to battle you, they'd have a little animation of them raising their hands or their arms. I thought that could be useful for FRLG-style games looking to add some more movements in the overworld, so I put them together in a couple of RMXP-formatted sheets!

View attachment 6665

[ATTACH...​

Read more about this resource...

Leondrea

Trainer
Is it possible to do the same but with NPC's sitting on chairs? I have the graphics for that,
I just need to know how to implement that. If that is okay with you?

NPC 03.png
NPC 03_sitting_b.png

The left one is from Vanilla Essentials
And the right one is mine.
The left one, has the character move its face instead of moving the whole body.
Which graphic would look better on a new feature like sitting on chairs or benches?
Oh, and sorry to post here and not in a DM, I think this question would fit here, wouldn't it?

Oh, and sorry to post here and not in a DM, I think this question would fit here, wouldn't it?
I mean, not really, but I'll go ahead and answer anyways lol.

I would say that you should probably go with the NPC just moving their head- it'd be kind of odd to turn your whole body around in your chair just to face someone talking to you from the side. That said, I do think you should still use the different positions in your sprite, because it'd allow you to have characters sitting in chairs and facing different directions, while sprites like the ones in vanilla Essentials only work for characters facing down while they sit in chairs.

As far as implementing it goes, you'd just need to set the event's graphic to the sheet, the same way you would any other graphic.

Back