• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Tileset Rearranger

Resource Tileset Rearranger 1.4

Maruno

Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
Maruno submitted a new resource:

Tileset Rearranger - Rearrange tiles in tilesets

This plugin will work in Essentials v19 and newer.

Description​

The Tileset Rearranger plugin allows you to rearrange tiles in a tileset. You can swap tiles, erase tiles, insert whole rows and delete whole rows. It is useful for organising your tilesets in a better way, for identifying tiles that are going unused, and for cutting tilesets down in size. You can also easily find out which maps are using a particular tileset. Changes made to a tileset's layout will be...

Read more about this resource...

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
I attempted to rearrange a tileset and after rearranging the tiles and deleting some unused rows when I tried to save changes it created this error. The tileset was 502 rows in length.

Ruby:
[2021-08-11 22:52:56 -0500]
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Pokémon Alexandrite v0.9.4]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.4]
[EBDX v1.2.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:583:in `block (4 levels) in save_map_tile_data'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:578:in `each'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:578:in `block (3 levels) in save_map_tile_data'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:577:in `each'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:577:in `block (2 levels) in save_map_tile_data'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:576:in `each'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:576:in `block in save_map_tile_data'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:571:in `each'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:571:in `save_map_tile_data'
[Tileset Rearranger] Tileset Rearranger.rb:536:in `save_tileset'

I used the "Clear Unused Tiles" and the "Delete Unused Rows" options, please let me know what other debugging information could be helpful.

piratemonkey

Rookie
Hello
I think this will help me fix my invalid tile issue with an extra large tileset i used. But i cannot get the plugin to load with the game. it does not show up on the command prompt with my other plugins. I looked a few things up and help control when loading the game, and i compiled the data from within the game from the debug menu but it still does not find this plugin. Do you have any suggestions for this issue?
Thank you for your help

Desbrina

Trainer
Hello
I think this will help me fix my invalid tile issue with an extra large tileset i used. But i cannot get the plugin to load with the game. it does not show up on the command prompt with my other plugins. I looked a few things up and help control when loading the game, and i compiled the data from within the game from the debug menu but it still does not find this plugin. Do you have any suggestions for this issue?
Thank you for your help
Delete the pluginscripts file from the data folder

Maruno

Essentials dev
Essentials Developer

M_O_T_O

Rookie
This tool is great and it is exactly what I've needed, but I've ran into an issue with it on a few tilesets.
1672333956682.png

This happens after I use the "Clear unused tiles" function and try to save, and results in the tileset/map not saving properly. I've tried debugging it myself for a while but I have no clue what the issue is.

If you could help it would be awesome, thanks!

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
This tool is great and it is exactly what I've needed, but I've ran into an issue with it on a few tilesets.
View attachment 14697
This happens after I use the "Clear unused tiles" function and try to save, and results in the tileset/map not saving properly. I've tried debugging it myself for a while but I have no clue what the issue is.

If you could help it would be awesome, thanks!
I'm having the same issue, and for future reference if anyone else is using this plugin and having the same problem, what you could do as a workaround is use an image editor to fill in the unused tiles with the placeholder x tiles yourself. If you can condense your tileset down as efficiently as possible with the plugin, it becomes easier to do.

Maruno said in response to an earlier report of this bug that it has to do with invalid tiles, but I can verify that this isn't the case. I used the invalid tile eraser beforehand and it didn't find any invalid tiles to erase.

Capture.PNG

Capture_2.PNG

Citycat17

Novice
Very cool. Is it possible to have a function where a tile from one tileset can be copied to another tileset?

Willix

Novice
This rearranger saved me tons of time, I wasn't aware of the tileset size limit and I had to cut quite a few tilesets to fit into that limit. Just an issue though, the plugin lets you delete and move tiles and they also change inside the maps, but all the tilesets properties (such as passages, terrain tags and so on) aren't synced, so whenever I cut tilesets down all these properties get shifted. I guess I need to redefine them manually, but just asking if maybe there is an easier/faster way to do this 😅

Maruno

Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
This rearranger saved me tons of time, I wasn't aware of the tileset size limit and I had to cut quite a few tilesets to fit into that limit. Just an issue though, the plugin lets you delete and move tiles and they also change inside the maps, but all the tilesets properties (such as passages, terrain tags and so on) aren't synced, so whenever I cut tilesets down all these properties get shifted. I guess I need to redefine them manually, but just asking if maybe there is an easier/faster way to do this 😅
This rearranger does also swap tileset data such as passages and terrain tags. However, if you save in RMXP after making the changes via this plugin, those data changes will be undone. This plugin tells you this, and tells you to close RMXP without saving to ensure the changes remain changed.

Willix

Novice
This rearranger does also swap tileset data such as passages and terrain tags. However, if you save in RMXP after making the changes via this plugin, those data changes will be undone. This plugin tells you this, and tells you to close RMXP without saving to ensure the changes remain changed.
Wow I can't believe I didn't see it 🤦‍♂️. Thanks a lot, I'll go through the process again and ensure I make it properly this time 😅

EnomicAtom

Developing Project Wisp
This plugin is going to very helpful with organization my tilesheets. Thank-you so much for this! <3

Last edited:
Back