• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
HGSS Autotiles for RMXP

Resource HGSS Autotiles for RMXP 1.0

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
DeepBlue PacificWaves submitted a new resource:

HGSS Autotiles for RMXP - A compilation of autotile rips from Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver.

Introduction

Some time ago, I've made a post asking for Feedback and tips about an HGSS Autotile I've was working on HGSS Sea Tileset feedback. On that post, after I finally was able to do something next to where I was intending, I've promised that I would share the autotiles with the community. Well, this day is today!

The following resource is a pack with some HGSS Autotile Rips for RMXP. Because of that, this will probably work...

Read more about this resource...

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Is this just the water auto tile or does it have more?
Hey there.

For the time being, this is just what I was able to make. But I'm planning to add some other animations from the HGSS games, so keep an eye for next the updates

~DeepBlue PacificWaves

TheDizzy1

Novice
Hey there.

For the time being, this is just what I was able to make. But I'm planning to add some other animations from the HGSS games, so keep an eye for next the updates

~DeepBlue PacificWaves
Oh okay awesome. I love all your resources. You're doing an amazing job for real.

SilverioRB

Novice
That's exactly what I was looking for!
But I have a question: as the autotiles works only with 7 tiles, how does the other tiles will work?
Does this work perfectly with unlimited autotiles?

DeepBlue PacificWaves

DeepBlue PacificWaves updated HGSS Autotiles for RMXP with a new update entry:

More autotiles ripped and ready to go!

Heya folks? How are you guys going in this spoopy season? Do the cool kids still talk like this?

I know I'm kinda missing lately, but I am still alive (barely) and trying to find time to work on my Essentials Resources. One of them that I didn't work on too much lately, the HGSS Autotiles for RMXP just got a new update. This time, I added new autotiles, like the waves on the sandy beaches and lovely flowers, to bring out the most of nature in your maps.

I also added a preview of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SickSadWorld

Rookie
Hello! Thank you so much for this! I'm having trouble installing the script though. I absolutely cannot find where to edit the "Animated_Autotiles_Frames = 5*Graphics.frame_rate/" section in the script editor. Can you point me in the right direction?

Smudget

Rookie
Hello! Thank you so much for this! I'm having trouble installing the script though. I absolutely cannot find where to edit the "Animated_Autotiles_Frames = 5*Graphics.frame_rate/" section in the script editor. Can you point me in the right direction?
Hey, sorry for the year-long wait, I've bumped into the same problem, and I unfortunately have a weird solution that requires tampering with the other auto tiles.

So here was my solution to this:
  • You'll want to go to 'TilemapRenderer' in the Map renderer section.
  • Take note of line 24's "If an autotile's filename ends with "[x]", its frame duration will be x/20 seconds instead." This will be important.
  • Go to line 152 and change
    • to: @frame_durations[filename] = duration.to_f / 70
  • (IMPORTANT) This will change the ratio from x/20 seconds to x/70 seconds. It'll impact all animated auto-tiles, so you'll want to do this to the other auto-tiles you use, paying attention to ratios.
  • Add a [5] at the end of the file name on the new auto-tiles. e.g. "HGSS Sea[5].png" This will set x to 5. x is 5 by default, so it's just handy to have this here just in case you change the default.
  • For the other animated auto-tiles not supplied by this, I tried to get the ratio back to normal with the new denominator. Since the old one was (by default) 5/20 (which is 0.25), the new ratio I got for the other auto-tiles was 18/70, which is about 0.257..., which is as close to it as I could get while keeping x an integer.
  • TLDR; Change the 20 to 70 in 'TilemapRenderer' line 152. Add [5] at the end of the new auto-tiles added (optional but could be nice to have). And add [18] to the end of the other animated auto-tile file names just like the ones added in this pack.
I recommend fiddling with these to get them looking the way you want. I spent a few hours searching for "Animated_Autotiles_Frames = 5*Graphics.frame_rate" with no luck, so this is an alternative solution.

I'm willing to bet I simply didn't look in the right places, but this worked for me. If there is a flaw with this, hopefully, a passing user will spot it and fix it.

Note: It's likely the line numbers may be off by 1 or 2, I'm going off what I got for my own fangame instead of a fresh copy. It's unlikely I edited anything in this section, but better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Back