• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Untitled Project

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeEevee

Rookie
  • Looking to recruit: People who can create custom music (maybe needed, we'll see), artists who are good at making sprites and maps and help with the fakemon I have created already, and a writer to help me with the plot of the games. A scripter would also be very helpful, as I am not very good at understanding scripts yet. I'll try to think if I need other areas that need help with.
  • Project Title: Originally Pokemon Day and Night, with a sequel called Midday. I'm debating on changing this though.
  • Team Name/Team Members: I don't have a team name yet, it's just been me.
  • Progress/Screenshots:
    $introgingko.png
    Gingko_the_Third.png
    newintroboy.PNG
    newintroenby.png
    newintrogirl.PNG
  • Method of Contact: I might set up a discord for this, but for now, on here is fine.
  • Additional Information: I have autism, but I am high functioning. There are things that I don't understand or need help with and sometimes I tend to ask dumb questions, but I need the help. So hopefully, everyone will be patient with me as I go along here. Also I prefer text over discord calls.
  • Kit Used: Pokemon Essentials v19.1

Hello, my name is Jordan! I've thought about creating my own fan game for a long time now and I finally figured out at least some of it. I want to create a great game that'll make people feel accomplished with their journey and be fun and enjoyable. The problem though is that there are some features I don't understand or need help with. In the screenshots, these are sprites I've edited. The lady with white hair is Professor Eiko Gingko the 1st, while the second is her granddaughter Chikako Gingko the 3rd. She looks similar to Gardenia because in my game, they're cousins. (I just really loved Sinnoh, I never got to play the games before Diamond and Pearl when I was little, so Diamond was actually the first Pokemon game I ever played. Hopefully, this won't be issue, but I'm open for ideas to bounce off of. I also did have a fakemon sprite, but I lost it when changing computers, although I do have concept art.)

PXL_20210718_191649573.jpg

(The check marks next to them represent those that have Pokedex entries written down.)

These are the starters: Swoss (grass), Purrturr (water) and Poy (fire). (Sorry the paper's a bit stained...) I don't have sprite art for any of the Pokemon yet, but the amount totals to 101 Pokemon. Some are hard to draw, have funny names and themes, even a few inspired by this show I watched back when I was coming up with ideas. My art skills aren't the best here, but I tried to stay within the Pokemon theme. I have custom Pokedex entries and other important things written down, like height and weight. It's mostly the name of the Pokemon, the entry, its regional number, types, height, weight, egg group, and color.

I forgot about the three trainer sprites...Well, I figured it'd be neat to have an option for enby folk, so there's the boy, the nonbinary, and the girl options for gender. The nonbinary option has a fanny pack, but I haven't programmed that part in the games yet.

Here's some of the plot: In the Mete region (the word "mete" means "dispense or allot justice, a punishment, or harsh treatment), the protagonist must venture off into the world to fight and capture Pokemon for their pokedex. However, the main villains, Team Universe, try to get in the way of everything. They want complete and total control over people and Pokemon, in a way that no one could've predicted.

I don't want to reveal too much, as I wrote the overall plot down with spoilerish content in a notebook. I do apologize for that. But, those on my team will get to know the plot and critique it and help offer suggestions or changes and I'll see what I can do. There are parts of this game that do imply or show darker matter (not like blood or gore, just...dark content that some might find disturbing or too much for a regular Pokemon fan game. Again, this isn't a permanent thing and I'm open to ideas.)

Now in the beginning, I figured that the theme of my games would be times of the day, hence the titles Day, Night, and Midday. And due to limitations, I figured I'd change the whole "evolve by trade" thing so that it would be easier to collect the Pokemon by either leveling them up or using items that are canon or ones I made up. Of course, I did some looking around for ideas and there are things I might change.

Here are some features I'd like to include in the final games:

• Pokemon following you everywhere. Also, Pokemon roaming around freely in towns that aren't catchable
  • Poketreats (special treats that require berries mixed together to not only level up Friendship and Love, but also types of moves for Pokemon Contests)
  • Animations (if possible)
  • Possible bus systems, for when you can't use teleportation moves in the beginning of the game
  • Two or three versions of the first game and a sequel (kinda like Diamond and Pearl, then Platinum)
  • Possibly two villain teams, one cheesy (Unknown Team name yet, kinda like Team Rocket) and the other serious (Team Universe)
  • Gym Leaders having teams based on levels that change and are mostly single typed, or, instead of based on type, are based on game mechanics
  • Pokemon that are unavailable in the canon games normally (especially legendaries) are available now, but you'll have to find them while roaming or in certain areas after specific points

Features I'd like to cut out:

• Evolve by Trade (This is mostly because I'm not sure if Pokemon Essentials would have that feature and even if it did, trading can be a hassle when it's not with a friend. Food for thought.)
  • Evolve by certain other methods (Like evolving in a different region or specific Pokemon requiring things. Like Inkay, it only evolves with the console is upside down. Like...why?)
  • Regional variants? Maybe

The region itself doesn't have a clear image in my head yet, but I imagine it to be a mix of the USA and Japan so far. Each town is named after a name meaning either "friendship" or "love" in different languages. For example, the starter town the player resides in is called Lieve, which means "dear friend". I do have a list of gym leaders, the Elite Four, and the champion, but this could also change and I'm open to ideas on some of them. I also have concept art of the rest of the fakemon and will take suggestions for changes or replacements or additions. I have gotten started using 18.1 of Pokemon Essentials, but I now have 19.1 and might transfer some of the changes I've made so far.

Anyway, I hope this was clear enough for anybody reading it. Again, I'm open to ideas and critiques and hopefully, people will be able to join me in this project! If you have questions, let me know and I'll try to answer in the best way possible.

Last edited:

Lil Savage the Rapper

Rookie
I could easily write up some quick evolution items or editing the pbs to how they evolve is pretty simple, I made all trade evolutions evolve through level up, you don't need to mess with or remove the script or anything for the latter option, the "trade evolution" will just go unused like 10+ other evolution options in the code. They say it's very simple to create your very own evolution method to but I haven't looked into it. lol If you create an evolution stone type of item just copying an already existing stone and changing the name is very simple, or you could always do a held item evolution I did this for a custom "hitmon" pokemon... the evolution in the pbs is simple and goes like this... HITMONFLIP,HoldItem,FOCUSBAND.. Literally level it up once while it's holding a focus band and it evolves... I also added it as the first evolution in the line of evolution so it would take priority over the attack greater than evolutions that the other hitmons have, because when I tested it it kept evolving into it's other forms until I put my evolution first (I was trying to evolve it from level 19 though so maybe the level over rode my evolution.. Now I need to test it again. lmao).. So no matter what, if tyrogue is holding the focus band it will always evolve into my Fakemon.. This is also most likely the reason GameFreak even decided to make Hitmontop.. They needed a failsafe if the attack and defense was equal because the way things are set up the first evolution method will always win out but now I am just rambling... Or you could go here... https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Evolution and it has a ton of evolution methods. The scripting doesn't take a mad scientist either, I have only been messing with this stuff for about a month now and even though I can hardly understand ANY error in my game I have always been able to fix them lmao It's MOSTLY just looking over thousands of lines of text and it eventually making sense haha I learned most of the basics simply by trial and error, still have no idea what boolean means, nor do I actually care lol.. I have created tons of custom abilities, Items, moves, and learned almost the entirety of the ins and outs of the trainer card without any help or any tutorial, I have defined my very own custom moves, abilities, and effects not within the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back