• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Low HP BGM

Resource Low HP BGM 2021-06-05

TechSkylander1518 submitted a new resource:

Low HP BGM - Battle music changes when your Pokémon are on red!

This causes the BGM to change mid-battle if your Pokemon is on red! It'll change if they take damage or if they're sent out while on red, and will return to the original if your Pokemon is healed to yellow/green, or if it's the only mon on red and it's switched out/fainted.

Code

In PokeBattle_SceneElements, find this line:
Ruby:
    @expBar.visible = (value && @showExp)

Below it, add-
Ruby:
    if value == true &&...

Read more about this resource...

Hellfire

Novice
Perfect, it worked like a charm, and without the need to do that modyfication. I just copied the code on the main page
Thanks a lot!

Savage7590

Novice
Hey I'm getting a strange error, I have v18.1 with Fmod to loop music it'll play the original BGM in battle but it'll play the song without loop then at end of the song this error will pop up without playing any sound after.

[Pokemon Essentials version 18.1]
Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
PokeBattle_SceneElements:333:in 'updateHPAnimation'
PokeBattle_SceneElements:406:in 'update'
PokeBattle_Scene:57:in 'pbFrameUpdate'
PokeBattle_Scene:55:in 'each_with_index'
PokeBattle_Scene:55:in 'each'
PokeBattle_Scene:55:in 'each_with_index'
PokeBattle_Scene:55:in 'pbFrameUpdate'
PokeBattle_Scene:21:in 'pbUpdate'
Scene_Animations:240:in 'pbHitAndLossAnimation'
Scene_Animations:238:in 'loop'

Hey I'm getting a strange error, I have v18.1 with Fmod to loop music it'll play the original BGM in battle but it'll play the song without loop then at end of the song this error will pop up without playing any sound after.
It's been a couple weeks and I unfortunately do not have a solution to this yet, I'm just letting you know that I am going to try to look into this error! Thanks for letting me know!

Savage7590

Novice
It's been a couple weeks and I unfortunately do not have a solution to this yet, I'm just letting you know that I am going to try to look into this error! Thanks for letting me know!
No worries now I upgraded to v19.1 recently and I'm not having any problems now! Only thing if possible to do is to have low hp music play over current battle music?

Savage7590

Novice
Okay so it was my own fault I misplaced something in the past and cleaned it up but now after the first pokemon is knocked out on either side the music just stops. Very weird I have a video showing it, but when in red the music still plays and use a potion or recovery the previous music resumes. Just only when getting knocked out.

Attachments

• Audio Problem.mp4
    3.7 MB

doctorCatster

Rookie
hate to be a bother, just wondering if this works for Essentials 20.1. working on a pokemon fangame for a christmas gift and I can't find any other resource to do this ^^'

TechSkylander1518 updated Low HP BGM with a new update entry:

v20 Update

v20 update and some much-needed fixes! Script is now plug-and-play, old music is stored separately (so you can go from low HP to evolution theme, for example) and you only need to set the value once!

I believe I've tested every scenario that would cause a change, but please report anything I may have missed!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jukes

Cooltrainer
Just put out the v20 update! Hope you get your game finished in time!
I know this is reviving things a bit but I use this plugin and it happens every time one of my pokemon is on low health. can we adjust it so it only plays when its the players last pokemon in their party before blacking out?

Back