• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Generation 4 types of tilesets

Hallow

Novice
Hello, I'm actually looking for gen 4 tilesets and I wonder what types I should choose. Let me explain. There are tilesets which are pretty accurate with the official games with 3d styled structures and other adapted to 2d for pokemon essentials. I think the second type looks better just because it's more adapted for 2d. After all, I know it's totally subjective but I wanted to know what is your opinion about that. Thanks for replies by advance!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Hello, I'm actually looking for gen 4 tilesets and I wonder what types I should choose. Let me explain. There are tilesets which are pretty accurate with the official games with 3d styled structures and other adapted to 2d for pokemon essentials. I think the second type looks better just because it's more adapted for 2d. After all, I know it's totally subjective but I wanted to know what is your opinion about that. Thanks for replies by advance!
Yeah so, 2D style is easier to work with, like making custom tiles and whatnot, but in my opinion, 3D looks more like "POP." It kinda just pops out at you. But 2D usually looks much cleaner, 3D, on the other hand, is a bit "denser"
with its pixels. 3D can also make some REALLY cool OW animations tho. But yeah, it's totally up to you. Hope I helped!

Hallow

Novice
Yeah so, 2D style is easier to work with, like making custom tiles and whatnot, but in my opinion, 3D looks more like "POP." It kinda just pops out at you. But 2D usually looks much cleaner, 3D, on the other hand, is a bit "denser"
with its pixels. 3D can also make some REALLY cool OW animations tho. But yeah, it's totally up to you. Hope I helped!
Thanks for giving your opinion I'll probably go with 2d because probably most of 3d tilesets are made with dp/hgss sprites so I think it's more flexible.

Back